Status
Not open for further replies.

KXK Sii-7

FS 
Tags
kxk sii7
2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  stuh84 
#1 ·
Much as this pains me to do it, an impending house move means I have to part with this. :( I'd rather it go to someone either here or on sevenstring.org that I have a chance of buying it back from in a couple of months, but if there's no bites by tomorrow night it's going to Ebay.

Spec wise, it's the standard maple neck-through/mahaogany wing/ebony board KXK construction with abalone offset dot inlays, 4+3 headstock, Kahler 2317 bridge (the first Sii-7 to be fitted with the Kahler), Sperzel locking tuners, Dimarzio DS7/PAF7 pickups with push/pull coil tap on tone control, Dunlop non-recessed strap locks. The finish is candy tangerine with an oiled neck and black hardware. The pics capture the colour very well, it looks more like a copper metallic until the light hits it, then the orange/gold pearl comes alive. The neck is super fast and acutally gets slimmer as you move towards the body.

The guitar has had a recent setup with D'addario 10-49's + 60 for the low B and has possibly the lowest action I have ever played. There is no fret buzz when amplified though, and it plays like buttered sex. With the coil tap you can get everything from a beautiful jazz clean to bowels of hell distortion, whilst retaining clarity and note definition. About the only tone you can't get out of this is a true singlecoil sound, but everything else is here.

Build quaility is superb (above that of my old Jackson Custom Shop) and the guitar is in pristine condition. I've given it plenty of play time, but I take care of it, so it really could pass as brand new.

The guitar comes with trem bar, strap, all original tools including the Kahler tools and a form fitted case. I think I have the orinal shipping box in the loft, which I'll use to post the guitar.

In terms of price, I blatantly priced my last KXK too low, plus this one has a few more unique features about it, so I want £1100 firm, including fully insured Parcelforce 48 postage in the UK. International postage extra. (Please bear in mind to get this in your hands as a fresh order would cost just over £2000 at today's exchange rate, never mind the waiting time)

Pics:

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.