Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Some Assorted Drawings and Art

5K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  The Dark Wolf 
#1 ·
Newer Drawings -

I actually didn't really draw or anything for like... 4 years or so. :shrug: Just busy, I guess. But this year, I said fuck that. Why let a talent and a passion go to waste? So, I started drawing again, been working at it for the last few months. Here's some newer stuff.

Most recent - DC Comics 'Starfire'

Assorted -

Current work-in-progress -

And here's some older works. I may have posted some of this before.

Here's a slightly abstract study in a lonely, broken guy for an idea I have about a suicidal anti-hero -

Here's Batman -

Here's a study in a kind of traditional Japanese style, using ink and watercolor. But, as Naren could likely tell you, to have the skill and mindset necessary to do this sort of thing good requires years of experience, and a deeper understanding of the subtle aspects of Japanese art and culture. I might have a smidge of the talent needed, but I lack everything else. I'm a hack. :lol: Still, I love it.

Speaking of Japan, here's a manga-styled girl. I never draw this style, but I wanted to see what I could do with it.

Here's a wolf tribal kinda tattoo idea -

And, finally, a Hobbes homage -

Took all of these pics with my Canon Powershot SX-10 IS. Great camera. Hope you enjoy. :wub:

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm really digging the lonely guy pic... the gray background on that pic and the way the pic has been painted really captures the theme and mood nicely... the whole pic has a very grim and gloomy quality. i had a similar idea like this that involved a woman , although it was for a short film i was trying to make...

the rest is pretty nice aswell!!

BTW the batman pic with that kind of art style(the anti-hero one) would look really cool ..IMO of course..

#5 ·
Dude, these looks stunning!:) You should really frame the Hobbes tribute.

#13 ·
Cool shit man, That still life/scenery of the house is fecking great. I keep meaning to start drawing some more, since it is my major and all, but I haven't been doing much for the past 3 years or so besides the projects from class.

This past semester I took an illustration class and I liked it a ton. really fun stuff, you should give it a try

#19 ·
Bob, you do great work! the landscape stuff (including hobbes) grabbes me especially - i dunno why but i like woodsey landscape photos or drawings. Probably explains the big ole tree on my right shin.. :lol:.

I wish I could draw, because I love looking at drawings or paintings :(

#22 ·
BTW, I have a bunch more stuff, but I'm gonna post it in a bit. I'm experimenting with doing india ink washes, and actually have an idea for a graphic novel I want to use the technique on. So, there'll be more shit soon-ish, probably. Inks!

(Check out Tim Sale for an idea of what I'm talking about. Here's an example of his ink wash work. Amazing! And not mine, sadly. :lol:)

#27 ·
Aw, shucks, Drewbie! Shanks!

I'm working on an album too. I have a song I'll be debuting pretty soon. Most of it is done, just gotta finish up guitars and track vocals, and then *attempt* a mastering of it. (Even if I don't, I love the new Maiden disk, and it's unmastered, so the regular mix will be 90% or more there anyway, likely.) That's neither here nor there, however, although I can;t wait to hear your shit. That new song of yours is just sick. I linked it on Facebook as soon as I saw it.

But thanks, dude. Yeah, I do seem to be getting better. I draw all the time. That and music, and write stories. :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.