Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Conan headed to TBS

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  343 
#1 ·
Conan O'Brien Goes To TBS: Now What? - Monkey See Blog : NPR

As of this morning, there were still updates about Conan O'Brien negotiating with Fox for a possible new late-night show, but then things took a turn: Conan's headed to TBS instead. O'Brien made light of the news on Twitter today, "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

What he's actually going to do is occupy the 11:00 p.m. slot where TBS currently has George Lopez's Lopez Tonight. Lopez Tonight, in turn, will be moved to midnight. (Despite the time change, this is probably a blessing for Lopez, who stands to see the entire TBS late-night project get a lot of extra attention.)
Also here:
Conan O'Brien (ConanOBrien) on Twitter

#11 ·
I wonder if we'll even get to see this in Canada...looks like we don't get the "real" TBS up here:

Wikipedia said:
Internationally
Due to a CRTC technicality, cable and satellite companies in Canada are only permitted to carry the over-the-air Atlanta station, and therefore most now carry WPCH ("Peachtree TV") instead of the nationwide TBS channel that American viewers receive.[1] This dated back to prior to the change, when TBS programming was offered to Canadian viewers through WTBS, not the national cable channel. Many cable companies were apparently unaware of the changeover until after it occurred.[2] As a result, should Canadian cable companies wish to air "cable" TBS, it will be several months before the necessary approvals are received. It is also available in the Philippines and the United Kingdom on their various cable providers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.