Moral Orel

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Moral Orel

ME: RG7620
    Rig: Spidervalve and 1960A Cab

Moral Orel

I saw the pilot of the series the first time it aired when I was whacked out of my brain. It hit pretty close to home. I was a bit disappointed when the series began to ran. As much as I enjoy religious satire, it seemed to me the show lost its focus and became something more along the lines of "HUUURRR XCHIANITY IS DUMB".

So I ignored the show for quite some time.

In the show's final months. I came back and watched a couple episodes and noticed a strange out of order continuity going on between episodes from different seasons. I thought maybe I was missing something and went back over ones I hadn't seen. It was a little better and the humor was blacker.

Then came the final season. Particularly the last few episodes. Orel's father became less sardonic and more... I don't know. Pissed off and real. Bitter, angry, full of regret. In many ways reminds me of my father. I think the character helped me understand my father a bit more, but I still wouldn't show up to the bastard's deathbed. Heh... Tangent. Anyway, the last episode aired the 18th (though I missed it and caught it later on teh interwebz). Though the ending to the series (and I mean the final minute or so of the episode) was a bit anticlimactic and sudden, but it was the first time I had seen any portrayal of hope in the series. I liked it.

I'll miss that show.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

That was a great show.

ME: KxK Sii-7
    MA: Martin OMC-1E
    MB: Dingwall Combustion
    Rig: Line 6

I enjoyed the show as well. I stopped watching it for a while, probably most of the second season, but then I saw an episode probably a little into the last season and noticed how much darker it had gotten. I think that episode I caught was the one with Old Gunny.

ME: Blackjack C7
    MB: Yamaha TRB6
    Rig: GK MB500

Wow, they cancelled it? That sucks. Was a good show.
    I play bass in a band called Weaponlord.

I also play bass in a band called Northern Crown.

I used to play bass in a band called Faethom.

ME: Frankencaster
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: Chameleon 2000 & 2/90/2

I never followed the "series" per se, but I've seen a lot of episodes, good show.

Also, whacked out of your brain,
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday