3rd Grade Whovians

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: 3rd Grade Whovians

ME: Revenger 7-1
    MA: Mitchell MD-100
    Rig: Crate GFX50 Two-Tone

3rd Grade Whovians

I know some of you non-parents are likely sick of my kid stories, but they do crap that cracks me up. Plus, this has Dr. Who content.

My 3rd grader has become a Dr. Who fan. I think the fact that it's just scary enough is a big reason. Anyway, I unexpectedly found out Monday night, after the girls went to bed, that Dr. Who fans were going to put tally marks on their hands on the 23rd. So, on the way to school yesterday morning, I told the girls to keep an eye out for anybody with tally marks today, because they're Dr. Who fans, and I explained "The Silence" and why the characters were doing that.

Today, I asked them if they saw anybody with tally marks on their hands yesterday and the oldest (the 3rd grader) said, "No, but I put them on when I got to school and a bunch of kids saw them and said, 'You're a Dr. Who fan?'"

Man, it's been nine years and I still haven't learned to be careful about what I say on the way to school.

The Ultimate Question: What string gauge is needed for 18.84# of tension when tuned to E2 on a 27" scale guitar?

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+V:25+Mesa Cab

The Silence are awesome. Really love Dr. Who, though I'm not a huge fan of Clara (despite her being pretty damn hot). Amy Pond and Rose will always be the best of the new companions, IMO.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer