Cake Boss next Monday at 7PM

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Cake Boss next Monday at 7PM

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

Cake Boss next Monday at 7PM

I doubt many of you watch (or will admit to watching) Cake Boss on TLC.

A few months ago I spent four days with Habitat for Humanity and the crew of Cake Boss rebuilding homes that were destroyed by super storm Sandy. An episode of Cake Boss was shot during that process, and is airing again next Monday.

The show makes it look like Buddy and his team did all the work, but most of the rooms were done by the volunteers like me. It was a very rewarding experience, and I really hope that our contributions have made a positive impact on the lives of the people affected by Sandy. In the three full work days we were there, we re-insulated the entire house, re-drywalled the entire house and began the process of mudding. Two of the guys I was working with and I also went over to an elderly woman's house and finished some repairs to her laundry room, as it had been flooded in the storm too.

Anyway, if you watch the show, you can see me at the beach party in three of four shots, for a grand total of 5 seconds. I wish I had my SAG card, because I could totally retire now if I did.

Also, I've never seen the show. In a break I asked Mauro (?) what he did at the bakery. Turns out he's Buddy's brother and is the head decorator. I told him I never watched the show. He just laughed about it.

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

New show: Cake Crooks.
    Making metal every night and day.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

I actually dig this show.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I don't have cable, someone will have to videotape it for me

Wirelessly posted

Think I may have seen this show, but I'll definitely check it out. Our TV pretty much just stays on some form of cooking channel anyway.

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

My girlfriend loves that show so we watch it a fair bit; it's pretty entertaining and some of the cakes are amazing.

My cousin was actually on an episode earlier in the summer. She does infant, toddler and maternity photography, and she had Buddy make a couple of cakes for a "cake smash" for her daughter and some friends. It's exactly what it sounds like: you give a little kid their own cake and let them smash it, get it all over themselves and generally make a mess, while you take cute pictures of the whole process.

They brought the cakes to her house/studio and were there for the whole event, but my cousin's daughter just cried the whole time and wanted nothing to do with the cake.