Jimmy Savile

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Jimmy Savile

ME: CU24
    MA: Baby Taylor
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Hartke HyDrive 210/Mk IVa

Jimmy Savile

He wasn't someone you'd know growing up in the US, but evidently he was a very famous and admired person in the UK?

From the article: Rapes, Abuse, possible Necrophilia: DJ Jimmy Savile's hospital horrors detailed

"As a nation at that time we held Savile in our affection as a somewhat eccentric national treasure with a strong commitment to charitable causes," Hunt said. "Today's reports show that in reality he was a sickening and prolific sexual abuser who repeatedly exploited the trust of a nation for his own vile purposes."

Jimmy Savile report highlights hospital rapes, abuse - CNN.com
    "Let us be kind one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle”" Ian McLaren

ME: Caparisons
    MA: Takamine PTU220 Custom
    MB: Ibanez ATK300
    Rig: Bogner Ecstasy 101A/B

I now know where Cannibal Corpse got their lyrics and titles from. :P

"I'm afraid of new guitars. They're too shiny, I can't play them or take them anywhere. They might get damaged!"

Studio6 Photography

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Wirelessly posted

Admired is stretching it. He was a successful tv and radio personality. Comparable to Casey Casem. Only a lot less wholesome, it turns out.

There was a documentary about him by Louis Theroux a few years back which set a few alarm bells ringing. Since then, the revelations (especially recently) have just got more and more unpleasant and bizarre.

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

Yeah he was a DJ who unfortunately raised millions for various children's charities making him virtually untouchable.

The amount of cover ups and blind eyes turned over the years, now it's all come out is quite shocking. Police, his bosses at the BBC, hospital bosses etc. Everyone it seems knew exactly what was happening but did nothing.

He made career doing favours for terminally I'll children in his most famous show 'jim'll fix it' and it seems he expected most of them to return the favour sadly.

And since this all came out, numerous British stars of the 70s and 80s have also been exposed, just not to this degree.

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Yeah, I think Lee and Adam have summed it up pretty well. I'm just staggered that he got away with it all. It seems I was lucky in not having my application for Jim'll Fix It accepted. Adding on to what Adam said, Jim'll Fix It wasn't just for terminally ill kids, anyone could write in with a request of a dream they'd like Jim make come true for them.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA