Just finished watching the documentary, Turtle Power. I post on a TMNT forum (I like turtles) where the guys who did the documentary post, the amount of time and effort it took to make that thing, hats off to them.

Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - IMDb

I remember when I was 6, I was waiting for Thundercats to come on TV on a Saturday and instead of was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I remember that very first opening sequence, exactly where I was and what was running through my mind. My sadness over not seeing Lion-O was over by the time the intro was done, after that first show, my world for the next 5 years was nothing but Ninja Turtles......and Pink Floyd.

Being a fan of the brand, I'm always happy to see they're still a fun thing for kids. I haven't dug all the different versions, I really liked the newest movie (still not a fan of their designs) and I hope to see it expanded upon for the next one.

Crazy to think that a little joke about turtles kicking a bus on a New Hampshire highway would start off such a huge thing. If you're a fan of them, or used to be, it's worth checking out the documentary. It really shows how only the people who loved the turtles got to be a part of their success, which is pretty cool, it was a close family for a long time.

Nickelodeon owns them now, so really, their fate can go anywhere, but even if it turns to complete shit, I still watch the movies once a year and throw on the cartoons when I'm falling asleep. I'll never not love the Ninja Turtles.