Making a Murderer (Netflix)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer (Netflix)

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

Making a Murderer (Netflix)

The wife and I decided to check this out because it's been getting a lot of buzz and we both like true crime stuff. Holy shit - it's just as good as all the hype. Here's the blurb from wikipedia which gives you an idea of what it's about (with no spoilers, although some of you may be familiar with the case already):

Making a Murderer details the life of Steven Avery, a Wisconsin man who served 18 years on a rape conviction and other charges pertaining to a separate conflict with his cousin. DNA analysis later linked the assault to another man guilty of other crimes in Manitowoc County. As a result of the DNA analysis, Avery was released. After his release, he filed a $36 million lawsuit against Manitowoc County and several county officials associated with his first arrest. Soon after filing the lawsuit, Avery was accused of the murder of Teresa Halbach, a photographer who was last seen on the Avery family property to photograph a minivan.[4]
    I haven't listened to Serial, but my wife has and says it's comparable, but that this was even better. The filmmaker definitely has a point of view that she's trying to convince you of, but the great thing about the series is that it doesn't even matter whether you think he's guilty or not in the end - it still raises a lot of really troubling questions about how the justice system operates.

Anyone else seen it?

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

Me and the lady just binged it on Fri/Sat. Excellent series, and it will make you want to shout, cry, and rage all at once. I think it was infinitely better than Serial.

ME: RG3570z
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25

Binged through 6 episodes this weekend, probably wrap it up this week. We watch a lot of this type of stuff too, were pretty obsessed with the West Memphis Three case for quite a while (there are a billion docs on that and we watched every single one multiple times ) I definitely recommend checking out S1 of Serial, and there is another podcast called Sword & Scale that is pretty good too.

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

Yeah, when we finished this we watched the documentary that's also on Netflix about the Central Park Five (five 14-16 year olds that were convicted of raping and beating a woman jogging through Central Park. Pretty famous case and they ended up being exonerated a couple of years ago). It actually dealt with a lot of similar issues as far as how the police get confessions and build a case.

ME: RG3570z
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Pretty depressing stuff.

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

The wife and I watched this too. Great documentary. Its crazy how much footage they had to make this. Its unreal how the system handled this case and the monstrous conflict of interest displayed by law enforcement at every turn.
    Confront and Cry

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

It's funny, I always find this type of stuff incredibly distasteful and don't care for any of the true murderer documentaries. But shit tons of other people do. I caught the sister watching one during the holidays.

What the fuck is wrong with everyone. Am I just not grim enough?

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

I'm not really into these kinds of things, but a buddy had a great comment about it:

"Making an Armchair Conspiracy Theorist: How Everyone With a Netflix Account Became a Legal Expert"
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):