Metal Guitarist Forums banner

My paint works

Tags
paint
8K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  Stringattached 
#1 ·
I was told in another thread to make a master post for my paint work, so here it goes :) Im gonna copy from a few of my other threads into a few posts, and then i'll just start updating here

I'm a custom painter full time now, after walking after from my digital arts career of 17 years. If it sits still long enough i pretty much will paint it for ya. The pay is shit and the hours are long, but id do this any day over my old office jobs. and my own hours don't hurt :)

Here's some of my more latest works, there's a bunch of pics, so enjoy!
And you can check out my facebook page if you feel like it :) https://www.facebook.com/orangeroompaint/

This is one of my favorite projects. just about every inch of this bike was custom painted... tins, frame, bars, hardware, even put skulls and faces inside the rear wheel.
Jaw Bone Art Metal Auto part
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Neck Jaw Gesture Nerve Art
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Goalie mask and wall mural's for a local vape store. The walls are 12 feet tall, so decent sized murals :)
Jaw Helmet Sculpture Headgear Art
Eyelash Art Painting Cartoon Cool
Purple Couch Lighting Interior design Art
Sports gear Bag Grey Helmet Headgear
Eye Automotive lighting Sports gear Paint Art

HD Sportster Tank
Eyebrow Eyelash Automotive lighting Mouth Automotive design
Forehead Hair Head Lip Hairstyle
Purple Bag Violet Automotive design Material property

Bat skull's, bones, etc... on a yamaha
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Sports gear Toy Art Bone Automotive lighting

I love painting on wood panels, and i love skulls and superheros :) and people seem to love getting them as presents for people it just makes ironman look classier!
Hand Bone Human body Jaw Helmet
Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Hood
Art Gesture Wrinkle Relief Illustration
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Nose Lip Chin Eyebrow Eye
Automotive design Art Wood Gesture Picture frame
Batting glove Sports gear Gesture Rectangle Art
Nose Eyebrow Picture frame Jaw Rectangle

Adding more posts now as i get the pics together

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's some canvas's ive finished up
Forehead Nose Cheek Head Chin
Nose Hair Cheek Lip Eyebrow
Nose Cheek Lip Eyebrow Eyelash
Nose Cheek Chin Eyebrow Mouth
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip

Old jackson guitar body i did. still have this, should probably sell it, i'll never play it, haha
Guitar accessory Musical instrument Automotive design Eyelash Eyewear
Musical instrument String instrument Guitar accessory Jaw Wood
Eye Musical instrument Eyelash Guitar Guitar accessory
Lip Eyebrow Musical instrument Eyelash Guitar

HR Giger canvas i did. light is bad on these pics, the shading is actually a lot softer with more detail/texture
Forehead Cheek Lip Eyebrow Mouth

Horse on wood painting i just finished up
Cloud Wood Rectangle Twig Tints and shades
Horse Vertebrate Picture frame Working animal Rectangle

Some art done over an existing flaked paint job. art over flake sucks! every time you change your viewing angle the shading looks different.
Photograph Green White Blue Azure
Bicycle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Blue

#3 ·
Here's a flake job i just recently finished up. old school flake, with a bit more modern style. this is pre-clear, still waiting on cleared pics
Blue Azure Sleeve Jersey Baby & toddler clothing
Sports gear Cap Hat Hood Baseball cap
Jeans Hood Textile Wood Comfort
Helmet Hood Sports equipment Bumper Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Azure Sleeve Automotive design
Hood Wood Thigh Electric blue Sportswear

Massive skull bagger i recently did. pretty well every inch of the bike was covered with semi-realistic skulls
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle
Glasses Head Chin Mouth Eye
Nose Chin Mouth Jaw Gesture
Bone Jaw Skull Wood Headgear
White Light Bone Skull Natural material
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Shoe Motor vehicle Sneakers Luggage and bags Bag
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

This one was a full repaint, 13+ pieces! it used to be the same as the orange bike in the pics. the owner is a veteran, so he picked a classic remembrance image for the fairing
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

#6 ·
I also paint up skateboards, they seem to be something the bike guys collect for some reason.

I have been working with a biker charity against childrens cancer the past few months. a bunch of us bike painters have been painting up decks, and then putting them up for auction. we've raised 10's of thousands so far, mine a few grand so far :)

Eyebrow Eyelash Gesture Finger Material property
Forehead Nose Hair Cheek Head
Glasses Ruler Office ruler Eyelash Wood
Lip Chin Eyebrow Eye Mouth
Liquid Jaw Sky Electric blue Transparent material

This is one i'm just about to put up for sale privately
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wood Orange Art Material property Table
Lip Eyebrow Eyelash Wood Textile
Head Eye Wood Plant Artifact

#10 ·
Thank you.

Your work is really good. Definitely into the wood panel work - coincidentally my fiancee really likes both horses and superheroes. Hopefully I can give you some business when funds allow!

#17 ·
Yeah, it was a shock to me to see it in person all cleared and put together. it is an impressive bike. not exactly my style

Your skulls are incredible!
thanks. i have a love hate relationship with them. but i've gotten decent at them. with the skull bike i had to do 50 mostly real ones in less than 2 weeks. i havent painted one since, haha

#18 ·
I've been starting a few/series of canvas's thats are a bit more sci-fi/anime ish styled, though still with my realistic faces, here's one of them. they seem to sell really well and i like them, so i'll be doing more.

Green Purple Paint Textile Violet

and i've been trying to do quick 1-2 hour warm up pieces everyday. usually i plan things out a very bit and go for perfect detail, these i'm either doing with no design or just a quick sketch. i do them on a cheaper surface and knock them out quick, so i can sell them fairly cheap. i was planning on building up a collection to have on hand when i go to events with our booth, but they sell usually before i finish them, haha

Eyebrow Ear Jaw Automotive design Automotive lighting
Purple Art Eyelash Painting Electric blue
Jaw Neck Painting Grey Art
Paint Art Painting Artist Fictional character
Paint Art Cool Graffiti Tints and shades

#29 ·
thanks a lot, much appreciated. its kinda the shift thats been happening the last few years, from the old style stuff which is all soft, to now where some of us newer guys are going for the ultra/hyper real look. the old guys always tried to brag about 'no stencils, shields or anything' most of us newer guys don't care.... i'll use whatever i need to to get it to look right. and in nature, some stuff does have a hard edge.

#31 ·
Right!?!? Most of our community is really good, but we have the elitist pricks and those they've taught, mostly some of the older guys. It's bragging rights that they didn't use anything, and they'll say it proud when they post something. But it's either fantasy looking stuff, or stuff that lacks that extra bit of realism to push it to that next level.

Me and most of the guys I talk to regularly, the top of the business guys, I'll use anything, whatever it takes to get it as close to perfect as possible. And that's not to say I can't without, but if something will 'speed it up or make it look that little bit better, I'm all over it. Hell I use 5 different erasers, I sure as shit have no issue cutting a map out of paper. I don't use store bought stencils, but they just don't work for my needs, if they did, I'd have them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.