Metal Guitarist Forums banner

XBOX 360 RROD Towel Trick

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  BigM555 
#1 ·

Wow. :lol:

#6 ·
My mate's 306 RR'd and he told me he found this fix on the net. I couldn't believe it, but then he turned up online and was playing GTA with me :lol:

It broke again though and he found another fix that involved taking it apart and soldering shit, it's worked ever since. :yesway:

#7 ·
Bunch of jinxing motherfuckers! My 360 died this morning :( It made this god awful bang then RRoD! So I took it to bits, realised the replacement fan shroud I put in had a cable loose, took the fan shroud off, turned it on, realised my replacement fans weren't lighting up or even spinning for that matter, then the stock ones don't work now either. Xbox works, but the fans don't, so my Xbos is now terminal. Bad luck fuckers! :(

#9 ·
I've seen a few 360 last resort vids like this, all of them are impressive, dangerous, cruel and unusual...and lead to questions along the lines of "how the fuck did they figure that out?". Better than turfing it I guess. If the warranty's gone, then go for it.

Which will immediately manifest itself into an advanced state of skinheadia...ultimately leading to something medical professionals refer to only as Robhalfordia, and eventually, Kerrykingitis.

#11 ·
The idea behind all these fixes is the vid card warps over time. I did the spring washer fix once. It worked for a few more weeks, then died again.

Point being, a temp fix is a temp fix. Get the thing fixed.

Towel fix gone wrong... Or maybe someone decided to stick it to an oven...:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.