Thief 4 stepping out of shadows May 11? - GameSpot Rumor Control
There aren't enough 's to fully the amount of news like this requires.
Thief series: Best games ever.
I also just stumbled upon T2X, a fan-made game that came from the guys over at TTLG. No Garrett, but it looks to be pretty well done for something of this caliber.
T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age - TTLG Forums
Downloading it now, did a search and didn't see it. Review and info about halfway down here:
General Fan Mission Review And Discussion Megathread - Page 24 - TTLG Forums
On May 25th, 2000, Looking Glass Studios closed its doors. The makers of intelligent first-person, story-driven games would no longer give us such immersive and harrowing experiences as we found in System Shock and Thief.
Shortly thereafter, a group of designers, artists, writers, and audio talents joined to form TTLG's Dark Engineering Guild. If LGS wasn't going to make another Thief game, someone else would have to..
Now with its own story to tell, the Dark Engineering Guild has remained hard at work on T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age...
Based on the critically-acclaimed Thief series, T2X is an unofficial expansion building on the technology that made Thief 2 a classic with critics and fans alike. More than 60 artists, designers, writers and programmers from the gaming community have contributed their talents to realize a fresh new Thief experience.
Now that you are caught up on some of the backstory, here are some of the features of the fan mission set:
- Thirteen full-length missions take the action through city streets and rooftops, ancient tombs, hotels, museums, cathedrals and more in a gripping tale of vengeance and deception
- Ten new weapons and tools provide the means to evade, outwit, and out-fight your opponents, as well as bringing unprecedented levels of emergent gameplay to the Thief series
- Hundreds of new models, textures and sounds: 3000 lines of new dialogue
- Four beautifully-rendered cutscenes and twelve new briefings in the original Thief style
- A new main character with a fluid, immersive narrative that grips the player until the last scene