What certifications do people here have?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What certifications do people here have?

Rig: Transporter
    XBL: Meester Supaman

What certifications do people here have?

So it turns out, that my job is incredibly slow paced during the winter months. And even during the busy months, it's still pretty bad from what i'm told. So I've decided to study at work and take some certification exams down the road and get my company to pay for them, since I can't concentrate on playing Pang while waiting for something to do. (If I ever get comfortable doing that, then fuck my future. Unless I get some java certs and develop 3D Pang! )

I've got ideas of what route i'll be going down, but i'm interested in hearing what people in different fields think of the certs that they have that apply to their careers. To see if its worth doing in the first place I suppose.

ME: '89 Jackson RR1 Cust
    Rig: TriAxis/G-Force/2:90 Rack
    XBL: WhtRhinoRiot78

Well... I'm a certified Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. Which means I get to sign my name, "Roger *, MT (ASCP)" Doesn't mean a whole helluva lot outside the acadamia world. But I have to have it in order to have my job as a Med Tech.

Probably doesn't help you out any

ME: Fender Strat
    MA: Ovation CS257
    Rig: POD HD500
    PSN: dirtdiver643
    Steam: Buzz762

I've taken a Net+ class that gets me the occasional contract job, but that's probably ore the 6 years of networking experience that has gotten me that.

Non-computer wise, I've got quite the jumble of acronyms for different medical certifications that pretty much all cover knowledge that I rarely, if ever use.

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's
    XBL: BlankPlank91
    PSN: BlankPlank
    Steam: BlankPlank

Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/20.0.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Since a majority of mine have been through college, and now with this one, work pay for, I've got 2 Level 3 BTEC Diploma's in IT and a Level 3 NVQ in IT, Health and Safety quals. at Level 2, Level 3 Key Skills stuff, and lots of networking experience (the hardware side at least, networking a school ain't fun in the slightest) I think my next course will be dedicated to networking.

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2
    PSN: JJ_Rodriguez

I've got my A+, and for M$ certs, I have:

Windows 2000 Professional
    Windows 2000 Server
    Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000
    Administering a Windows Server 2000 Active Directory Infrastructure (or something like that, I think that's what it's called)
    Administering a Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure

I think that's it. I was in the process or studying up to finish my MCSE a couple months ago, but getting back into academic mode fucking sucks. Wasn't a huge deal when I was in school and already had to study and do homework a few hours a night But when you come home from work, it's tough to be like "Okay, now I'm going to read this text book"

EDIT: Forgot, I also have my HP desktop/laptop cert, as well as Lenovo, so I can do warranty work.

ME: ESP Sexy Finger
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: Randall V2
    XBL: yuecchi
    PSN: enthauptet
    Steam: enthauptet

I've got CompTIA Security+ and Linux+, got a voucher for Network+ but haven't bothered to take it yet. They're fairly easy (at least for me but I am super nerd material). Anyway they always have random shit that is on no study guide which makes me mad but whatever. I thought the Security+ was easier than the Linux+

Here is my CompTIA page whoo~ lol

After I took the Linux+ I noticed they have a newer one, wish the assholes which ordered the voucher told me that.

As far as usefulness in the field or whatever...not really but the more keywords that resume bots find in your resume the better chances of getting an interview.
    Last edited by Kagami; 11-27-2009 at 05:45 AM.

I've got a CCNA behind me (Cisco Certified Network Associate for those who dont know), and I'm currently working towards the CCNP (P for Professional). The good thing with these is, if you do the work, and don't braindump them, they are actually useful, given I'm now further up in my current company due to the qualification.

Obviously nothing beats actual experience, but it isn't often on a job you'll have time to find out the specifics about BGP and Route Maps, you'll tend to just do what the company does and not question it a lot of the time, and only have to change it when something is drastically wrong.

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto
    PSN: Seredays
    Steam: CSereday

i'm a certified welder
    Confront and Cry