Adobe Browserlab

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Adobe Browserlab

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

Adobe Browserlab

Adobe Labs - Adobe BrowserLab

For you guys that work with web design and need to test for cross browser rendering.. (IE6 I am looking at you)

Pretty decent setup for comparing web page rendering on different browsers and operating systems (no they dont have a linux option you nerds )

Basically you either need a huge PITA virtual setup, or need to have the actual machines with OS or use a pay screen capture service like browsercam (slow.....) or a free capture app like browser shots (super duper slow) so this is a great alternative to all of that mess.

Seems to be working very well actually Fast results!! . It is in a free/trial period now (need an adobe account) I dont know if it will require a separate fee or be included as a part of Dreamweaver CS4.

IE 6 is really the only thing I have trouble testing against (It does the same thing to web page layouts that JJ does to goat naughty parts)

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

Brilliant! I could have used something like this years ago when i was doing a lot more Web design stuff.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Wow! I really hope that works the way it is intended. Currently, I have to maintain several different machines for the QA staff here, just to give them all the different versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It is a titanic PITA.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

oh yes it seems to be working fantastically for me

Speaking of IE6 the is a neat javascript that will basically fool IE6 into working like it is IE7 (or better)

ie7-js - Project Hosting on Google Code

it works stupidly well - its kind of scary how just a few lines of code and a include file can magically make a layout work in IE6