Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands DLC 4 Information

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

Borderlands DLC 4 Information

DLC Introduction:

Marcus: Our story began when the Hyperion Corporation decided they'd had enough of the treasure hunters. With The Vault on lockdown, they had served their purpose, and now they were a drain on the economy. Why pay full price for weapons when you can take a five-finger discount off the nearest corpse?

Marcus: Hyperion was looking to clear the drain, but those guys were one tough hairball...

Intro Kid: I thought you said the treasure hunters were the drain.Now they're the hairball?

Marcus: Well- yes, see the treasure hunters were blocking the flow of- and the grimy build-up of money and-

Intro Kid: This metaphor stinks...

Marcus: Shut up! The point is Hyperion had a plan. The treasure hunters could handle all manner of beastie, bandit, and batallion, but they weren't expecting the ... Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap!

Marcus: This claptrap was programmed to take our boys out indirectly. Trapping, poisoning, spreading catty rumors around town. Nothing was off-limits. He was smart... too smart.

Marcus: He looked around, and didn't like what he saw: claptraps being subjugated, humliated, obliterated. What we call programming, he called slavery.
    So he rallied his fellow claptraps and turned them against their corporate masters. What started as a rebellion became a revolution. And take a wild guess who Hyperion called to clean up the mess...

Story Overview:

Basically the ninja claptrap was created by Hyperion to stop the vault hunters from taking all the guns and treasure etc... but was too clever, he saw other claptraps being 'enslaved' and 'killed' - he wanted it to stop so he started a claptrap revoloution. Now Hyperion have asked the vault hunters to help them stop the claptrap uprising and return things back to normal but the claptraps have gone about... re-animating dead people and adding claptrap robot parts to them to fight in their army. Some of the people re-animated include Dr Ned. Commandant Steele and General Knoxx.

new enemies (just a very short selection)

It is also worth saying that these enemies have differnt names on playthrough 1 2 and 2.5 aswell as another set of names that indicate another level of enemy (although considering how the system works it may indicate another playthrough but I'm not going to speculate.)
    It would be fair to say that almost every enemy has been remade as a clap-trap enemy...

Mutant Midget Psycho-Trap
    D-Fault Bandit Thug
    Badass Bruiser-Trap
    Badass Hyperion Soldier-Trap
    Famished Rakk-Trapling
    Adult Skag-Trap

Plenty of new quests - as-well as side quests (exact amount not specified)

A few with descriptions to get you drooling (again i'm not going to post them all since it'd make the op 10m long)

Burn Rubber
    Those lousy rustbuckets have stolen Marcusí bus tires! Go to the Hyperion Dump and find six good looking tires. Itís time to spruce this old girl up."

Are you from these parts?
    Patricia Tannis needs parts to build her magnificentÖ something. Head down to the Hyperion Dump and search the scrapped claptraps for parts and bring them back to her.

Eleven Rakks and Spices
    Thatís why you donít date crazy. After having his heart broken, Marcus needs some comfort food: Captain Sandersí Famous Pandora Fried Rakk! Find 11 pieces of rakk-trap meat and 11 spice plants for the Captainís famous secret recipe.

Helping is its own reward... Wait No it isn't!
    Blake has given you the key to a Hyperion Corporate Gift Shop. Time to see if all the blood, sweat and dead claptraps were worth it."

It's a Trap... Clap
    Aww, that poor helpless claptrap is in need of repair. Find a toolbox and fix him up. Heís just a little wee one. What harm could he do?"

Characters - new and old

Blake (new character)
    General knoxx-trap
    Commandant Steele-trap
    Undead Ned-trap
    interplanetry ninja Assasin

10 mentioned in the file which is named as telport outposts which indicates for the first time we may have fast travel in a dlc

Dividing Faults
    Hyperion Dump Entrance
    Mine Cart
    Sanders Gorge
    Scortched Snake Canyon Entrance
    Scortched Snake Canyon Exit
    Tannis Outpost
    Tartarus Station
    Train Station
    Wayward Pass

I am really hoping that they fix the scaling issue from the last DLC

Yay! finally another DLC! hope they fix scaling though :/

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30
    XBL: T3MJ1N

Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Blackjack C7
    MB: Yamaha TRB6
    Rig: GK MB500

They thought it was too hard ;p
    I play bass in a band called Weaponlord.

I also play bass in a band called Northern Crown.

I used to play bass in a band called Faethom.

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    With the last DLC the mobs in the original game and first 2 DLC no longer would scale to your level on play through 2.5 so instead of level 61 mobs you get like 50 or 51s that are too easy...

ME: Blackjack C7
    MB: Yamaha TRB6
    Rig: GK MB500

Ah, i thought you were talking about how so many reviews of Knoxx's Armory kept saying how it was too hard

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    PSN: CQ7String777

I haven't finished Armory, but I found the difficulty just fine, even a tad easy if you farmed New Haven a bit on PT2 and did the zombie DLC.

Moxxie's is fucking stupid though. No save points for 3-4+ hours of constant arena solo, and you start over if you die? Fuck that.

ME: Les Paul Studio
    Rig: Blackstar HT5
    Steam: =ReB=HaGGuS

BLOOD for the BLOOD GOAT!