Kid stabs his great grandmother to death. Over Halo.

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kid stabs his great grandmother to death. Over Halo.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    PSN: CQ7String777

Kid stabs his great grandmother to death. Over Halo.

Boy of 14 'stabbed his great-grandmother to death with a sword after being told to stop playing computer games' | Mail Online

Police say the boy stabbed his 77-year-old great-grandmother after he reportedly was told to stop playing a video game. His grandmother, 55-year-old Laura Prince, is recovering from wounds she suffered on her arm during the same attack.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported he was slapped with the other two assault charges for allegedly chasing two neighbours with the sword. District Attorney David McDade said those neighbours, both juveniles, were not physically injured.

Mr McDade said: 'They saw what happened. The psychological impact is immeasurable.' Authorities in Douglasville, Georgia, had to taser the boy in order to arrest him, after he shot at them with a pellet gun during a stand-off.

ME: Frankencaster
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: Chameleon 2000 & 2/90/2
    XBL: zepp10
    Steam: zepp88

Good god..

Lock that little pissant away.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    PSN: CQ7String777

Not to be outdone, this kid killed his own mother, also over Halo.

A US teenager killed his mother and wounded his father in revenge after they took away his violent computer game, a judge has ruled.
    The defence team for Daniel Petric, 17, had argued his addiction to the Halo 3 game, in which players shoot invading aliens, had made him insane. But the judge rejected this, saying he had planned revenge for weeks.

Petric, of Ohio, was tried as an adult and faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole.

On the night of the shooting in October 2007, Petric used his father's key to open a lockbox and remove a 9mm handgun and the game, the court heard. His father Mark, who was shot in the head and survived, testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you." He said he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Teen killed mother in Halo 3 row

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: ESP Sexy Finger
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: Randall V2
    XBL: yuecchi
    PSN: enthauptet
    Steam: enthauptet

what in the world is wrong with these people

ME: Schecter SLS C8
    Rig: Randall V2/Avatar 412

And these assholes who have no sense of reality and obviously no real discipline instilled in them are what ruin the reputation of games for everyone else who isn't fucking insane.

I really feel for the people who lost their lives, but also can't help but think that if the parents/guardians had have instilled some kind of respect or restraint in the kids in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

EDIT: Although in reading the article the kid does actually seem totally deranged.
    Last edited by Daemoniac; 08-19-2011 at 12:43 AM.

ME: RG1527, RG8527Z
    MB: SR706
    Rig: Mesa Boogie Roadster
    XBL: EvilIncorporatd
    PSN: EvilIncorporated

Both of those kids are mentally deranged psychopaths. If they hadn't killed their relatives over a video game, they would have killed them over something else.

I blame GTA IV...
    "I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth." - Oliver Reed

"America blaming BP for the oil spill is like a man punching a prostitute in the face because his own needs disgust him." - Stewart Lee