I thought I would share this because I think it's super cool and all that. The raspberry Pi will be an inexpensive computer about the size of a credit card that uses an SD card for a boot device. It is supposed to be available very soon. No doubt I will be getting one to play with.
Read all about it here:
Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!
* 700MHz ARM11
* 128MB or 256MB of SDRAM
* OpenGL ES 2.0
* 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
* Composite and HDMI video output
* USB 2.0
* SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
* General-purpose I/O
* Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller
* Open software (Ubuntu, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)
That would make a great personal web server or digital signage computer.