Well, I got it solved. It was a relatively easy process and I did learn a thing or two about password recovery.
I ended up first trying Ophcrack... It was a pain in the ass to get working. Only one of the hard drive partitions was auto-mounted and I had issues mounting the other, Windows data-containing, partition. Once that little debacle was resolved, it did its thing but failed to find a password.
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor was my second attempt. I honestly didn't give this one too much of a chance, though. I popped in the disk and ran the program. It wasn't able to mount the main partition due to invalid argument or something yet once again mounted the other NTFS partition. I don't really recall the exact error it gave me but I did notice that it was reporting the main data partition was formatted in FAT16 rather than NTFS. Ophcrack had done the same thing until I manually mounted it...
It was at about that point that I gave up and ended up taking a different approach--I ended up using kon-boot to log into the account I was locked out of and then created another administrator account which I used to change the password of the original account. Worked like a charm.