Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Gripe Thread

ME: EBMM JP6 / JP7
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    XBL: CQ7String777
    PSN: CQ7String777

The Video Game Gripe Thread

In this topic, we will post things that annoy us about modern gaming mechanics.

For example:

- Needing to press a button to pick up bullets for a weapon I'm already carrying. There's never been a single time in any gaming experience of mine that I've been running around with some gun and thought "I'm glad I only have 50% ammo left, I definitely don't want full ammo". If I walk over ammo for a weapon I have, just let it automatically be added to my inventory.

It's even more maddening when the ammo for said weapon is next to some_other_weapon on the ground that I don't want, that will take it's place in my inventory. For example, if I'm fighting waves of zombies with an M16 with 413 rounds, and I want to pick up another clip to max it out at 500, I will never want to swap it out with the shotgun on the ground next to it with 6 shells in it and no other ammo around.

Best/nerdiest discussion ever? Go!

XBL: wolfman1527

Cant ever play fallout and call of duty one after the other, besides other differences, the change in sensitivity is maddening. After a month long kick of fallout, i picked up mw3, and couldnt do anything right- played the entire campaign on vet-which sadly still was an 8 hour affair at best- and jumped in multiplayer. It took 24 hours IN GAME to readjust properly.

TL;DR I want fully adjustable sensitivity.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65
    Steam: eleven59

Wirelessly posted (: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Non-skippable cinematics on games I've already played.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

When climb, jump, and run are all the same button. If I'm running at a tall wall or fence, I'm never going to want to jump into it and slide back down. Why is it such a pain in the ass to climb over it? Jump jump jump...
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

Rig: Transporter
    XBL: Meester Supaman

I fucking HATE that every fucking game needs button mashing sequences a la God of War.

It's fucking stupid and out of place in so many games.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30
    XBL: T3MJ1N

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I fucking HATE that every fucking game needs button mashing sequences a la God of War.

It's fucking stupid and out of place in so many games.
    Quick-time events (especially when they are tendonitis-inducing and result in instant-death) are fucking idiotic. Either let me watch the fucking cutscene or let me kill the boss.

Also, the inability to jump on command in many modern action or first-person shooter games. I understand it's to keep you from going outside their narrowly scripted linear levels, but still.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Warmoth Tele
    Rig: Axe FX II -> Carvin PM12A

The controls in Infamous/2 - I wanted to like this game so much but stopped playing after a couple of hours because the character control sucks ballz

Hyper-realism. I am tired of games that attempt to make everything as realistic as possible. Unless it's something I will not get chance to do, I don't have a huge interest in it.

My favourite games of all time are the games which have little to no realism in them (FF7, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Brutal Legend etc). I play games to do something I can't possibly do in real life, not something that I could do if I got out of my seat and left the fucking house.