Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Smartphone Gurus: Help me decide please

3K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  79 
#1 ·
You just can't get a cell reception in my house, for whatever reason. So the gf and I are gonna sign up w/ T-Mobile cuz they have wifi enabled calling phones.
On Saturday, they're having a sale where all phones are free after rebate. I'm trying to decide between the HTC Sensation and the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide. They're similar in the features that I'd "need", but the bells and whistles differ:
The HTC is lighter, and will do T9 texting, which I'm used to, and love.
The Slide has a built in FM radio, which would be nice for @ work to listen to local sports talk radio.

Anyone out there have any experience w/ these phones? Your advice would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.3; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1202011015; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

most of the phones now do have FM capabilities so i wouldn't buy one just for that.

even the og Droid had FM, you just had to hack it to make use of it.

#7 ·
Well, a lot of the user reviews on CNet have said that the Slide has battery life issues (YMMV obviously). And there's a fuckton of reviews on the Sensation saying that they love the phone, and prefer it over iphones and everything like that.

Upon further review, the T9 texting is available on both, and so is radio listening.... Looks like I'm gonna go with the Sensation

#9 ·
Avoid the MyTouch line. They are horribly supported by Tmobile and in the aftermarket from ROM developers (if you wanna flash/mess around with android) etc. The HTC Sensation is a great phone and has a lot better features (imo) and looks better, feels better in the hand than the Tmo MyTouch.

#12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Most Androids have battery issues. If I leave my thunderbolt in 4G mode it will drain in about six hours.

#13 ·
That's definitely true, although the the Thunderbolt is notorious for having absolutely horrendous battery life. With the extended battery and some tinkering (no rooting or anything), my old Droid X usually lasted me about a day and a half. The battery life on my Galaxy Nexus is pretty solid as well.

I could be wrong, but I think one of my roommates has the Sensation 4G and he loves it. No complaints about the battery life from him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.