Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video editing software

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto
    PSN: Seredays
    Steam: CSereday

Video editing software

So, can anyone recommend me some decent video editing software? I'm pretty clueless as to whats out there and whats user friendly.
    Confront and Cry

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    PSN: CQ7String777

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto
    PSN: Seredays
    Steam: CSereday

is that mac?

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Well, I tried using the various proprietary packages that came with the various cameras I've owned, but I've always found them a bit limited and sluggish.

I got a copy of Vegas Pro 10 from work about a year ago (along with a shiny new ATI 5700) and I haven't looked back since. Before that I was using Adobe Premiere Elements. It's not bad, but I found it a little sluggish at times, but that may have been my old card. It's certainly intended to be more user-friendly than something like Vegas Pro, but I found it a bit limiting and annoying to have to open up different panels for different tasks.

Vegas Pro is very intuitive, very powerful and runs very well for me. The workspace is similar to Reaper, in that you have windows docked around where you want them, or have them floating wherever you like.

But I'll say this for Adobe, with that and a cheap £100 candy-bar camera, I won a Primeminister's award (not quite the Oscars, I know) for a video I made. It's perfectly capable of doing common tasks, and can add in some nice transitions and effects. Along with Vegas Pro, there are hundreds of tutorials on YouTube about how to use them.

I'd recommend looking at some tutorials, as you'll get to see how the programs work, etc.

ME: MMJP6
    MA: Larrivee
    MB: BTB 776 with Nordstrand
    Rig: 6505+

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have premiere elements. I'm very impressed with it. Very easy to use. It lets me load in video that exceeds the memory my computer has. It works smooth considering im using the integrated graphics. With a card i could see it being super smooth.

It has really really detailed control over the rendering quality. It has options i dont even understand. The good news is if you dont want to see the complicated option you dont have to do anything with them. You can select a preset and go.

I think its on sale at bhphotovideo for $69 right now.

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+V:25+Mesa Cab

If you're on Windows, Premiere Elements is the way to go. Every version of Pinnacle I've tried in the last 5 years has been unstable shit.

But really, iMovie is awesome.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I've used Corel VideoStudio X4 Pro on several occasion and it's been very stable, the capabilities are reasonably robust, it's not hard to use, it's not very expensive and it does not hog resources.
    Argbadh - RHLCİ

ME: ESP LTD H-207
    MA: Taylor 310
    Rig: Mesa 20/20
    PSN: BigM555

+1 for Vegas. I've always liked it and found it intuitive.

For a cheaper alternative at work, for editing Hi Def video from an HD Pro, I recently purchased VideoPad. It seems to deal well with Hi Def video and has a workstream much like Windows Movie Maker (for whatever that's worth).
    We're all musicians, still searching for our roots.