Should I get a 360 or PS3? [with poll]

Heavy Metal Guitar   

View Poll Results: Should I get a 360 or PS3?

60. You may not vote on this poll

34 56.67%
  • PS3

21 35.00%
  • Neither

5 8.33%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a 360 or PS3? [with poll]

ME: Sherman 8 String
    MB: Dingwall ABI 6 String
    Rig: Axe-FX Ultra
    PSN: NesterOfTuplets

Should I get a 360 or PS3? [with poll]

Normally I hate these kind of posts... But I'm feeling self-loathing today, anyway.

I already have a Wii, but would like to get one of the other consoles to facilitate a more explosions-oriented experience. As such, I cast myself upon's more experienced fingers. Guide me, great ones.

I used to be an avid gamer, but I really haven't kept up with modern technologies too much. I like the idea of getting a Blu-Ray player with a console (though I don't have a HDTV), so that's a point in the PS3s favour. Library wise, I'm not too versed with either, though I know the big titles of both - It used to be that the prospect of Final Fantasy 13 sealed the PS3 for me, but now that it's been announced for both systems, I'm not sure. PS3 has God of War 3, 360 has Gears of War... Both are good. I haven't really researched the online content of either all that much.

Really, I just have a Gamestop gift card I have to use, and could use some guidance.
    Last edited by Abhorred; 12-25-2008 at 06:47 PM.

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's
    XBL: BlankPlank91
    PSN: BlankPlank
    Steam: BlankPlank

Personally myself, I still find the 360 a better console. Games tend to be a bit more buggy and laggy on the ps3 I've found lately. The online catalogue of PS3 tickles my pickle more, all the old PS1 classics are steadily making there way onto there and all are compatible with PSP (which my missus just got for christmas). From a games point of view, and online play point of view, 360 is the winner. Media and nostalgia, PS3

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101
    XBL: AdamBath
    Steam: adam.bath

360, hands down. i loved mine, and i'm gonna be replacing it whenever i can afford to.

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2
    PSN: JJ_Rodriguez

I just bought a PS3 like 2 days ago. I had heard that the media center shit for streaming media to your TV from your PC was better on the PS3, and that's my main goal since I hardly game anymore. Also, you don't have to pay for online play with the PS3. The PS3 seemed like a better pick for me, since my 360 just got the RRoD and it's one of the first ones so it's not covered under MS's extended warranty thing they did for the 360.

I haven't spent enough time with the PS3 to really recommend it yet, but I will say that Metal Gear Solid 4 kicks ass

X360 for me. Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, Gears of War etc. For me, it boils down to the exclusive games simply being better.

ME: RG1527, RG8527Z
    MB: SR706
    Rig: Mesa Boogie Roadster
    XBL: EvilIncorporatd
    PSN: EvilIncorporated

I have them both and I like them both, but I voted for Xbox 360 because: it has more games, has better online gaming, is cheaper, doesn't use practically any hard drive space (the PS3 uses a ton of hard drive space), and so on.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but my vote goes to the 360.

ME: KxK Sii-7
    MA: Martin OMC-1E
    MB: Dingwall Combustion
    Rig: Line 6

I prefer the PS3, personally.

ME: Blackjack C7
    MB: Yamaha TRB6
    Rig: GK MB500

360, easily.
    I play bass in a band called Weaponlord.

I also play bass in a band called Northern Crown.

I used to play bass in a band called Faethom.