Arma II - Day Z

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arma II - Day Z

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Arma II - Day Z

Never heard of Arma or Day Z until just a minute ago. Day Z is a mod for Arma II. It's a real-time, MMO, zombie apocalypse world. You have to scavenge and survive. The game features permanent death; if your character dies, that's it. Game over. You have to start again at the beginning with nothing.

Looks really pretty cool. Just gonna grab it now.

ME: Ibanez UV777PBK, K7
    MA: Aria AC-6
    Rig: Laney GH50L, GSP1101

Good luck, most frustrating game I have played in a while.

Walk for an hour without finding guns, get hit by a glitching zombie and then slowly die from blood loss. Or worse, lose enough blood so you keep blacking out but don't die.

It is very much a game in alpha status, don't expect too much. Still; the idea is cool, so despite all the failing servers, glitching zombies, surprise deaths from breaking a leg when you stub your toe and fellow players who snipe you from 2 km so you can start over again. I still keep going back.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65
    Steam: eleven59

I absolutely love the concept and have been following it for a bit, and can't wait for it to be actually done. As it stands right now, though, yeah, it's in alpha and very glitchy and imperfect.

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Wirelessly posted

Yeah pretty much what he said. It's buggy as crap, runs poorly sometimes and can be hard to get into a game if a patch was just released, but holy crap its amazing.

If you like slow, tense gameplay you'll get a kick out of this. It's very much a stealth game. The payoffs can be huge when you come across a huge stash.

ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

This looks like something I'd love to play someday.
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson

ME: Fender Strat
    MA: Ovation CS257
    Rig: POD HD500
    PSN: dirtdiver643
    Steam: Buzz762

I keep hearing about it but have yet to try it. I actually downloaded it earlier, but I've got way too much on my gaming plate to get to before I take on this (like actually finishing the OA campaign, plus all of the stuff I bought from steam summer sale)
    Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей!

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

well... i opened a door and broke my leg, so unless i can find a hospital, this character is all but dead.

sigh. bugs.

I have played arma II for 2 years and gotta say this mod is pretty fantastic... it's in early stages so it has it's faults but the concept of a open world sandbox style survival game is cool.
    DayZ is best played with a friend though... There's nothing like luring a person out into the open while your friend has him in his sights 200 m away on a hill somewhere. Afterwards you loot the poor bastard and split it