Metal Guitarist Forums banner

BioWare officially announces new Mass Effect game

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  HaGGuS 
#1 ·
#15 ·
^ What Daniel said.

Disregarding that that last 1% of the series (the end) was a giant fuckup, the other 99% of it is fantastic..
:yesway:
I resisted for years and never played until 3 was released.
Playing all 3 for the 1st time this year was the best story a video game has ever told I.M.O.
Rebooting the franchise with a prequal could be a big earn, and if written as well as part 1, 2 (and most of 3) :noplease: , it will be a smash hit.

#6 ·
In terms of gameplay, they very much hit their stride in 3, and the story until the last 20 minutes was great. In that respect its both one of the best and worst games I've ever played. Compare the conclusion of the genophage, wrex and mordins story to the end: thats top and bottom of the pile writing. Its like One and Invisible Kid being on the same record.

So, I'm interested to see what they will do with an 'in the same universe' type thing. I'll probably buy it.

#9 ·
In terms of gameplay, they very much hit their stride in 3, and the story until the last 20 minutes was great. In that respect its both one of the best and worst games I've ever played. Compare the conclusion of the genophage, wrex and mordins story to the end: thats top and bottom of the pile writing. Its like One and Invisible Kid being on the same record.

So, I'm interested to see what they will do with an 'in the same universe' type thing. I'll probably buy it.
Yup. Mordin's conclusion was one of the high points of ME3 for me. When I got to that part I thought "Holy shit, if THIS is this good, I can't imagine how awesome the ending will be!".

Then I got Invisible Kid. :(

#7 ·
Yeah, ME3 flubbed the landing pretty hard, but there were some amazing story moments in there too. I remember reading something about how the lead writer basically wrote the ending himself and didn't work with the rest of the writing team at all, so that could be why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.