Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New IP from Bungie: Destiny

4K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  1377 
#1 ·

After a long period of darkness, Bungie is ready to unveil its new universe filled with mystery, adventure, and action. For the first time, the team -- including studio co-founder and project director Jason Jones -- talks about its vision, and the creative process behind Destiny, Bungie's most ambitious project yet.

#7 ·
From Ctrl+Alt+Del

Yesterday Bungie finally unveiled the first details about their big new game, Destiny. Apparently it's a sci-fi first-person shooter, and you play as the one person who stands between humanity and the hordes of angry aliens that want to wipe us out. Oh, and also there's a huge, mysterious round alien object in space that is a core element of the plot.

Kind of a stretch for Bungie, I know, but here's hoping they can pull it off.

#8 ·
So Bungie has made a console FPS/MMO - Destiny

Bungie : Destiny

Looks interesting I am hoping the shooter mechanics are good

It doesn't require a subscription
It has raids and "dungeons"
And of course lots of pvp

Supposed to be a huge info dump on the 10th

Rumor has it that Activision took a dump on the new Blizzard MMO Titan and that game is now going through a reboot and has been pushed back to at least 2016.. Others have said that they allowed blizzard to reboot as they didnt want to have 2 mmos out at the same time...

#11 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

What's the "hook" on this one? All I know is it's by Bungie (or at least part of Bungie) and it's got building-sized ads plastered all over Times Square near my subway stop, so it's clearly a mega-budget AAA title.

#21 ·
Destiny

So who all is playing? I'm on PS4 and would love to blow some aliens up with y'all if so!

Gorgeous game, by the way. Not sure what it is about the game that keeps getting me to play it (not a great story so far, typically don't like FPS, generally don't play MP), but I'm definitely having fun with it. Thoughts?

#23 ·
I would have bought it right away but no split screen multiplayer. The gf and I are still considering it, since we play a lot of games that way, trade the controller back and forth, but still, hard to justify spending like $500 on a system that only one of us can use at once.

#29 ·
:zombie:

How is this game these days? I skipped it at launch because I heard a lot of people saying it was kind of like a boring Halo MMO, but they just released a demo on Xbox and I played it for a bit last night. Seems decent enough - kind of Halo-ish with a little Mass Effect thrown in.

Have they addressed the complaints everybody had about it or is it pretty skippable?

#30 ·
I've put about 25 hours in, and I wouldn't have put 5 in if it weren't for playing with friends. It is the most grindy game I've ever played. You play the same mission, again and again. It is really, really light on content.

The loot is fun, but even that only gives you six or seven different classes of guns; nothing new.

It feels like a poorly thought out borderlands to me. That said, its been insanely fun playing it with buddies.

#34 ·
Maybe if you're an uber elite gamer you can stay alive more than 20 seconds, but not me :lol: It's just frustrating as hell. I had bounties for exotic weapons that I needed to work on and it was the most disheartening thing I've ever done in gaming, and I've done raids and pulled 40 hour grinds in Everquest.

#35 ·
Its a great game when played with friends but just decent on your own. Ps4 players do seem to be happy to team up for missions so that's cool. Crucible is hard but even on my first few gaMes I was middle of the table. You just need assault rifles and whatever the rail gun thing is called. Other weapons are pretty ineffective in PvP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.