Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New Apple "MacBook". The dumbest fucking computer I've ever seen

7K views 96 replies 29 participants last post by  406 
#1 ·
Apple - MacBook - Tech Specs

Seriously, WTF? One fucking USB port, and it's one that works with literally NOTHING I have, because it's a new form factor.

Fuck this. Seriously. The tagline should be:

"MacBook. Because you're too big of a pussy to carry a 'heavy' MacBook Air".

#51 ·
Actually, the more I think about it, this is an iPad with OS X and a keyboard. By that I mean it could be a useful portable tool, if it's looked at something with a new connection paradigm that the industries adopt.

For example, an audio interface with a passthrough for a power adapter that powers the device and charges the laptop. A docking station (similar to what's already available for Thunderbolt) that connects absolutely everything through the one plug.

It could work, despite highly limiting IO, IF everyone jumps on board, as they did with the iPad/iPhone.

Don't get me wrong; I still don't want one. I LOVE my Air, and 15" Pro for work. And I have an iPad too, which is great for short trips. But there is a usage case for this.

Personally, given what it is, I think $1299 is way too much, but that's just me.

I'm actually hoping for a iPad Pro with one of these connectors, that replaces my iPad Air, MacBook Air, and MBP15. Then I'd just stick an iMac on my desk, and be done.

#53 ·
Yup… it's an iPad for people who need to actually type stuff, and not on an on-screen keyboard or kludgy external keyboard. I think for a lot of enterprises where they're moving more and more towards cloud storage and even cloud-based apps, this is kind of the new "dumb terminal" approach.

#54 ·
Yup… it's an iPad for people who need to actually type stuff, and not on an on-screen keyboard or kludgy external keyboard. I think for a lot of enterprises where they're moving more and more towards cloud storage and even cloud-based apps, this is kind of the new "dumb terminal" approach.
But "dumb terminals" or "thin clients" are advantageous because they're cheap. This isn't :lol:

#76 ·
My girlfriend was considering getting another Macbook Air, and was leaning towards the new one till I told her it wasn't worth it, especially from a processor perspective. She ended up getting a 13" refurb Macbook Pro w/Retina display for less than the cost of the new "Macbook".

#86 ·
To be fair, this is the only thing I don't like about my iMac - the display isn't exceedingly sharp. I'd pay an upcharge for a Retina version, though at 28" I suspect it'd be a HUGE premium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.