Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTP? What exactly is that?

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

FTP? What exactly is that?

Got a client - a small (3 branch) bank.
    Their website is coldfusion (shudder) using Mura cms - I have full admin access....

I Needed to create a new directory for a landing page that ties into some marketing materials. Unfortunately their CMS does not allow me to create a new directory (Its ok None of them really do...). I tell the account ex. that I will need ftp access to their box to toss up the page...

She worked it out with the bank management and got me a phone number for their IT guy, they of course let him know i will be calling and he should give me the info i need...

I call this guy up.
    Hey, how are you? Yadda yadda yadda - I know your busy so I will be brief. I need the creds for your FTP account.

Him: Umm What is FTP??

The call went downhill from there

2. Thanked by:

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

The bank owner's nephew, perhaps?

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

Making metal every night and day.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    PSN: CQ7String777

FTP, Bro. Know yours.

Find Your Functional Threshold Power

ME: ESP Sexy Finger
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: Randall V2
    XBL: yuecchi
    PSN: enthauptet
    Steam: enthauptet

FTP is how you lose all your data

ME: Revenger 7-1
    MA: Mitchell MD-100
    Rig: Crate GFX50 Two-Tone
    Steam: ElRay70K70H

An Eff Tee Pee? I'm behind on my native american transient housing studies.
    The Ultimate Question: What string gauge is needed for 18.84# of tension when tuned to E2 on a 27" scale guitar?

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

Several years ago I did a website for a medium sized, state-wide bank.
    Wasn't anything too difficult, tho they got their hosting for free from their network provider (You get what you pay for).
    This netowrking company had a hard time getting LAMP set up but they finally got it worked out. (after numerous emails and phone calls about things like missing packages).

After the super success of their new website they decided that they wanted their intranet (internal website) to match.
    I had to knock out a template that would work with .net and went over to the bank to install it.

This bank was pretty nice. A very modern, large, all glass building with Marble counters and floors and expensive furniture.

I get on the brass-doored elevator to go up to the second floor where their servers were located.

The second floor opened up on a security door. Their IT guy met me there and keyswiped us in.

The second floor looked like it came out of a war zone. Ripped and stained carpets, Piles of broken office furniture (they literally had stuff piled up in several vacant offices. Random holes in the walls and lots of missing ceiling tiles. It was really shocking after seeing the building from the outside and the bank lobby. I saw one other person, A middle aged lady in a horrible, un-windowed box of an office that looked like she was about a day away from going to the roof and jumping off. I don't know what her job was or who she pissed off to get stuck in that dump.

The it guy walks me over to the server. They basically put it in an old reception area and had it locked with a shitty metal gate.

The sysadmin says "there is the terminal here is the admin login" and then disappeared back somewhere in the building.

A few months later I had to go back over to give a presentation and this time I got to go to the top floor. This is where all of the execs had their offices and it was really nice. Airy and open, clean and inviting.

I still wonder what in the hell happened to the 2nd floor.