Yo dawg, I heard you liked watches...

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo dawg, I heard you liked watches...

ME: Guitar?!?!
    Rig: Rig?!?
    XBL: AdamBath
    Steam: adam.bath

Yo dawg, I heard you liked watches...

Finally, a $9,000 watch that attaches to your Apple Watch

So we put a watch on your watch so you could watch your watch while you watched your watch.

2. Thanked by:

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

I wouldn't spend 9k on any watch, but I can see the appeal.

ME: Guitar?!?!
    Rig: Rig?!?
    XBL: AdamBath
    Steam: adam.bath

I can't. Watches shouldn't hinder your wrist, if you have two of them on a single band then you're going to have issues with moving your hand, worrying about scratching glass, typing, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: ROV25+V:35->Mesa Cabs

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbass man View Post
    I wouldn't spend 9k on any watch, but I can see the appeal.
    I agree with Adam; the Apple Watch (or any smart watch), already tells you the time, and everything else it'll do. There's no sense in having a regular watch on it as well.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer. And as a male plus-sized model for mankinis.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I agree with Adam; the Apple Watch (or any smart watch), already tells you the time, and everything else it'll do. There's no sense in having a regular watch on it as well.
    When you get right down to it, when are you ever somewhere where you can't easily check the time from at least two or three places at once? Right now, I can see the time on the computer I'm typing this on and my iPhone, and if I hadn't forgotten my watch on my bedside table this morning, from there as well. Theres also a wall clock just out of sight around the corner.

A watch isn't for telling the time; there may have been a time when it was, but these days a watch is kind of an anachronistic fashion statement. And, a $9,000 watch sends a VERY different message than a $500 Apple Watch. If I had the sort of money of the target demograhic they're after and wanted the Apple Watch functionality in a more sophisticated package, then I could totally see the appeal.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: EBMM JP6 / JP7
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL
    XBL: CQ7String777
    PSN: CQ7String777
    Steam: CQ7String

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

A watch isn't for telling the time; there may have been a time when it was, but these days a watch is kind of an anachronistic fashion statement. And, a $9,000 watch sends a VERY different message than a $500 Apple Watch. If I had the sort of money of the target demograhic they're after and wanted the Apple Watch functionality in a more sophisticated package, then I could totally see the appeal.
    I disagree. A watch most certainly is for telling time, and a gentleman doesn't pull out his phone every time he wants to know what time it is.

Either way, this thing is stupid because unless both sides have a titanium face and a sapphire crystal, they're both bound to get scratched to shit every time you rest your hands to type, write, eat, etc.

Steam: Paris Hilton

I agree. That's why you should get this watch:

https://www.worldsbest.com/watches/1...KmtBoCrjLw_wcB

ME: Legra Customs
    MA: Victor Garcia
    MB: Legra Spyder
    Rig: Pittbull CL/Triple Rec

When you get right down to it, when are you ever somewhere where you can't easily check the time from at least two or three places at once?
    A watch isn't more functionality, no.

But I have a choice:

Chunk of metal and glass on my wrist, powered by motion. Never had to be opened, maintained or repaired in any way since purchase in 2000. It gains a couple of seconds a month, and will probably outlast me. I want to know the time, I flick my arm up and know.

Or

Taking the irritating, planned-obsolescence ridden toy computer in my pocket and faffing about with it.

Ok, my objection might not be 100% practical (can you guess which object I like, and which I don't )