LOVE?

Tags
love
3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  eleven59 
#1 ·
...is a way of feelin'!

That is all.

#5 ·
Understandable! A lot of the time, when I'm in the mood for SYL, I'll choose Alien just so I can hear this song. Like tonight!

Yeah I like this song a lot too, it's very singlish. The intro really weird me out though.
4Y?

Army of Darkness + SYL = well, ironically enough, :wub:
Dude, Army of Darkness + * = :wub:

#9 ·
I don't really like Strapping Young Lad, but this is one song by them that I do like (and I do like a lot of Devin Townshend's solo stuff). I hate it when people put down the music I like as being "just noise," but I seriously thought that SYL's album "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing" was just noise. I loved Ziltoid and Terria though.

On the matter of LOVE...

#14 ·
I don't really like Strapping Young Lad, but this is one song by them that I do like (and I do like a lot of Devin Townshend's solo stuff). I hate it when people put down the music I like as being "just noise," but I seriously thought that SYL's album "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing" was just noise. I loved Ziltoid and Terria though.
Have you heard "City"? That's my favorite of them and has this song on it:

The chorus fucking rules :metal:

"The New Black" is also cool, and probably a bit easier to listen to than their other albums.

#15 ·
I have heard a few songs off City. It is definitely a lot more listenable than their first album, which is mostly just a big jumble of noise where nothing is really clear or distinguishable most of the time.

I think that what I've heard off City, The New Black, and Alien are very very different from HAARHT, which I really didn't like. However, while there are songs on those albums that I like or think are decent, I've never cared for it enough to actually buy an album. :shrug:

#16 ·
I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing" is pretty tongue-in-cheek about its heaviness.

That said, the outro to "In the Rainy Season" is one of the most gorgeous things I've eer heard. :metal:

Also, this song kicks ass - I agree, this is about as good as SYL ever got. :D

#24 ·
I will say that Love? is one of my favorite SYL tracks, but again that's because it sounds less like SYL than the earlier stuff. As he went on, SYL began to sound more like his solo material and vice versa, and by now there's really very little fundamental difference between the two, I guess.

The jarring, grating sound of the first couple discs, to say nothing of the oddball humor, was sort of the whole point. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.