Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The "Big Four" Playing together for the First time !!! Summer Sonisphere Festivals !

6K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  Rick 
#1 ·
The "Big Four" Playing together for the First time !!! Summer Sonisphere Festivals !

The worldwide web has been abound with speculation on a possible "Big Four" tour for several months. Now, the Sonisphere can exclusively reveal that METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will play together for the first time in history, in a move that will have metalheads across the globe frenzied with excitement.
For now Poland :wavey:

and the Czech Republic

See less See more
#3 ·
Only band I'd pay to see is Mastodon, but still a big lineup.

#10 ·
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/30.0.011; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Meh, I don't see the fuss anymore, I would have when I was 14 or something, but I just can't feel it now.

#22 ·
Yea i would rather see After the Burial than any of those bands, there are alot better bands out there than those 4.

A prog metal tour of the following 4 would destroy (and i would call the Big Four)

Spheric Universe Experience
Vanden Plas
Adagio
Angra

#36 ·
Since this thread make me actually think about what I don't like about RIP, I figured I share. I have never really thought about why I don't like it, I just know it turned me off from day one. Here's are problems I have with RIP

First - All of the aggression of the early albums is done. Dave is sober-ish, and to me a lot of the attitude is gone. The album is really polished, but to me, lacks any emotion, Dave's vocals just don't sell it for me, and there's no "edge" to the playing.

Second - there's just too many disjointed riffs thrown together, and the transitions feel forced. I have the same problem with what Chuck wrote with later era Death.

That said - I think there are some great riffs on RIP, maybe the best Dave ever wrote, I just don't like any of the songs.

#37 ·
I do like RIP, but I've always found the first two albums to be the pinnacle of the 'Deth catalog. About half of RIP hasn't aged very well. It is, however, the last good 'Deth album, since every one after that has 2-3 decent songs and large piles of crap on it.

#38 ·
Peace Sells will always be my favorite Megadeth album, but I still love RIP. I am probably in the minority when I say it does a better job at the tech-thrash thing than ...And Justice for All. After RIP, though, Megadeth ceases to exist for me. I don't really like the Black album, but Countdown to Extinction is a steaming pile of crap.

#41 ·
James: Dave, we've been friends and adversaries for a long time, and it's time to admit, Metallica is bigger than Megadeth and we're taking top billing on this goddamn tour (mnyah!). *pulls out checkbook and starts filling in information*

Dave: *sneers* You'll never be able to pay me off James, you probably couldn't afford me anyway and omigod, that's it to the penny.

#44 ·
Saw Megadeth at 930, where they played the whole album, with Ellefson back in the band and Broderick playing lead. It would have been awesome, except they were saddled to that god awful Shawn Drover. The guy sucks the life out of everything, especially when the album is Nick pretty much disintegrating his drums for nine tracks.

#48 ·
R.I.P Ripps. And that with technical finesse, beauty, elegance, power and creativity.
I am a fan of AJFA, but NO Metallica album had the impact on me, or had influence on me as the R.I.P did.
I like the Peace Sells album more than anything Metallica, I even like Countdown a lot. But R.I.P is special. Like all the stars has been aligned or something.

#51 · (Edited)
So here's the list for Warsaw, Poland:

14:00 Gates Open..
15:00 - 15:30 – Behemoth
15:50 - 16:35 – Mastodon
16:55 - 17:40 – Anthrax
18:00 - 19:00 – Megadeth
19:30 - 20:30 – Slayer
21:00 - 23:00 – Metallica

Anthrax 45 minutes, Megadeth/Slayer 1 hour and Metallica 2 hours...

I read that Joey will sing some stuff from the "Bushthrax" albums.

#52 ·
So here's the list for Warsaw, Poland:

14:00 Gates Open..
15:00 - 15:30 - ROAARRRRAAAHHH!!!
15:50 - 16:35 - <pufff> Wha...?
16:55 - 17:40 - Introducing this week's singer!
18:00 - 19:00 - WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M BEFORE SLAYER?!?!?
19:30 - 20:30 - Brrooaaawwwweeeeeeraaaaaawiddlywiddlywiddly.
21:00 - 23:00 - Whooaayeaaahwooahaaaa!
Fixed. :yesway:

Reactions: Rick
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.