Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Tragic Kingdom

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Naren 
#1 ·

What an awesome song! This just came on my iPod and I forgot just how epic it was. Simple guitar lines but incredibly fun to play, especially that sped-up section at the end.

We need more chicks in rock like Gwen, and not like her awful solo pop shit.

#5 ·
Why Donnie? Why must you do this? :(

You know, I could totally see Cradle of Filth covering the No Doubt version of "Tragic Kingdom." It's got just the right amount of ridiculous theatricality. It'd certainly be better than that song that CIAM posted.

#14 ·
Certainly not. That's a damn epic song. Power-metal style lyrics, horns, tapping solo, crazy-gradually-speeding up outro :fawk:

#20 ·
Yeah, Bush is actually one of those bands that I was a little iffy about at the time (very derivative of Nirvana and Pearl Jam) that in retrospect I've kind of grown to appreciate a little more. Even at the time, I thought "Comedown" was a pretty cool tune (the one with the Massive Attack like bassline), but some of their other stuff has held up ok - Machine Head, Glycerine, Alien, etc.

And yeah, I've heard the Goo Goo Dolls tend to do that to concertgoers. :lol:

#21 ·
And yeah, I've heard the Goo Goo Dolls tend to do that to concertgoers. :lol:
Yup. I caught them at a festival a couple of years back. Given the type of festival it was, and talking to several of the other concertgoers, very few people there were really fans of them beyond the radio singles like Name, Iris, Black Balloon and Sympathy. You could practically hear the "WTF" when they got to the portion of the show where Johnny Rzeznik stepped back and they started playing the very early stuff with Robby Takac on lead vocals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.