Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Who let pissed-off waterfowl loose in Ihsahn's recording sessions?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  DDDorian 
#1 ·
Because that's what "After" sounds like with all that fucking jazz sax wankery getting in the way of everything else :noway:

Kinda reminds me of a Simpsons episode, too...

#16 ·
I've only listened to the whole album once but I thought it was kinda cool. Certainly, I took notice to it but not so much that it irritated me. It's not often that you hear such extensive use of a "non-metal" instrument in metal music. I just hope it grows on me more in the long run instead of slowly grating on my nerves.

I will say this, I'm not that versed in Ihsahn's work with Emperor but I really dig his solo work. angL kicks some serious ass and I'm excited to get to know this new one! :metal:

#17 ·
I will say this, I'm not that versed in Ihsahn's work with Emperor but I really dig his solo work. angL kicks some serious ass and I'm excited to get to know this new one! :metal:
Since you dig his solo stuff you should probably grab the final Emperor album, Prometheus, and work backwards.

I'm kinda weird in that I like the first couple of albums, don't like the later stuff but enjoy Ihsahn's solo albums. Guess it's Samoth's fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.