Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Check out our new insane bass player!! (he's insane)

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  The Dark Wolf 
#1 · (Edited)
Our new bass player, Makoto, has been in the band for about 1 and a half months now and he had his first show with us last week. These performances are far from perfect, but you can see his skillz in action. Him playing Metamorphosis 100% finger style is quite impressive indeed. That song is a right hand workout. And, yes, he IS very young. He's 13 years younger than the other guitarist in the band.

Fissure:

Metamorphosis:

Blind:

Edit: Fixed the Metamorphosis video by converting the AVI to another format and then re-uploading it. :yesway:

#4 ·
I really liked that clean break in fissure. You have a really awesome voice for this kinda music. Sounds very...evil kinda like thrash and black metal mix. Length of songs and changes is also nice! Wish more bands played this kinda music instead of all the *core stuff I hear!

#5 ·
:lol: I totally fucked that part up, though. Normally I can do clean vocals pretty well, but for the clean break in Fissure, I just have to keep staring at my hands so that I don't play a B instead of a Bb and that makes me kinda sing it uncomfortably. Some days I can do it without looking and just focus on singing, but not that time. :lol:

Thanks for the input. :yesway: I don't know what we'd call our music. A review of a compilation we were on referred to us as "progressive brutal death metal" :)lol: What?) and another review referred to us as "superhuman technical death metal" (again, what? :lol:). But we do have elements of thrash, death metal, black metal, grindcore, progressive rock, and alternative rock in our music. :metal:

#7 ·
As soon as we find an interested record company. :shrug: We've released a demo and participated in an extreme metal compilation, but that's about it.

Don't know how to go about that, but the awesome thing is that recently a ton of high profile metal bands in Japan have been sending us messages, some of them inviting us to play shows with them. Just two days ago a relatively well known power metal band sent me an e-mail saying "Dude, I've been listening to you guys' stuff for the last few days and I'm hooked. Would you be interested in playing a show with us in May?" Got invited from another relatively well known metal band to play at a show the week before that too. So, it seems that the bands in the area know about us, at least.

We've got like 25 songs (that I think are awesome), so I hope we can record an album soon. :lol:

#9 ·
If he's so insane, I'd be careful. Insane people like to eat people's faces and finger paint with their blood and whatnot.

Damn good bassist, though.
:lol: Tell me about it. We had to bury our last bass player behind a McDonald's at 3 in the morning 'cause he just got too insane. That story was the first thing we told our new bass player when he joined the band, so I think we can trust he won't go too far on us. :lol:

#11 ·
:lol: Most people don't even notice, but Fissure changes tempo a total of 15 times. I'm not sure how many time signature changes there are, but if you include changes inbetween sections, then it can be quite a few (especially if we include the drummer's polyrhythms as seperate time signatures). Not as many as a song we have called "Avici" that changes time signatures a total of 17 times in a space of 4:30 (starting in 11/8 with the drummer doing polyrhythms in several different odd time signatures under it).

Only musicians notice that stuff, though. :lol:

#18 ·
:wub: Again, thank you very much. I still use vocals similar to some of the stuff that we used to do in 1 or 2 songs, but in general, my clean vocal style is quite a bit different than back then. My approach to aggressive vocals has always been to sound as evil as possible. :lol: The more aggressive, the more evil I should sound.

Maybe in 2-3 weeks, I might be able to upload one of our masterpieces (in our opinion, at least :lol:), which showcases clean vocals, black metal vocals, death metal vocals, clean guitar, distorted guitar, 2 solos by Taka, 1 solo by me, a bass solo, and very bizarre unconventional drum patterns. It's a good song to show what our band is about. We've played it at several shows, but we've never recorded it (on MP3 or video).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.