Just got an hour long lesson with Tosin Abasi on Sat Nov 13th in Denver!
So far, here is the topic list I have constructed:
- Utilization of chord: What chord qualities does he prefer for specific sounds
- Arpeggio formulation: What extensions does he focus on
- Approach on modes: Decide a mode and make a melody, or make a melody and decide a mode?
- Ideas on economy vs. alt picking
- Development of speed vs. accuracy
- Making other genres (such as jazz) work in the metal format
Also, I don't want to be super cheesy, but I will probably have him autograph a control plate on my guitar or something.
I am kind of nervous that I will totally suck and get shaky hands around somebody that good. I am easily intimidated/nervous.
Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Meeting Tosin seemed like general music discussion, but lessons are obviously theory and technique.
[Borat] I am excite! [/Borat]
Thats badass man, hes incredibly diverse so I think that he can pretty much show any guitarist something new and innovative. Let us know how it goes man!!!