Slayer guitarist backs out of shows for incredibly metal reason

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slayer guitarist backs out of shows for incredibly metal reason

ME: KxK customs
    Rig: Verellen Amps

Slayer guitarist backs out of shows for incredibly metal reason

Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman contracts flesh-eating disease | News | NME.COM

Slayer are set to tour without guitarist Jeff Hanneman Ė as he is recovering from a flesh-eating disease.

Hanneman has contracted necrotizing fasciitis. It is a rare disease which destroys skin, fat and tissue from below the surface of the body. He is believed to have caught the disease from a spider bite and will undergo surgery on his right arm shortly.

The thrash metallers, who have touring commitments throughout the summer, have announced that they will recruit a guest guitarist to stand in for him for their summer tour dates.

Guitarist Kerry King said in a statement: "After everything thatís happened we all agreed that we just canít let our fans down again."

He added: "Jeff [Hanneman] is totally on board with the decision, so we will tour as planned. We canít pinpoint what day heíll be back, but it will be as soon as he possibly can. We canít wait for him to get better and get his ass back on the road."

The band will announce his temporary replacement in the next few days. They are due to play the Sonisphere at Knebworth Park in July.

Slayer were forced to cancel tour dates in 2010 due to frontman Tom Araya having surgery on his neck and back.

ME: MIJ Tele
    MA: Guild GAD
    Rig: None.

ME: Ibanez RG321MH

Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Whoa. I hope they caught it early, because otherwise he stands to lose a lot of tissue/ faces possible amputation. Poor guy.

ME: Epi MKH LP7
    MA: Hyostar SJ-971
    MB: LTD B-206SM
    Rig: Blackstar HTMetal 100>2x1

I read that last sentce as they were canceling Showss Due to this for 2010 Thats what I get for reading shit after JUST waking up.

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

I hope he can make a full recovery. Like helter said, if they caught this late he could be looking at a lot of damage done.
    The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: RG350DX
    MB: Carvin IC6

ME: Camo COW7
    Rig: Behringer GM108 15W

I hope he will be fine... after all Jeff wrote most of Slayer's "classics"...
    The Industrialist

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Nasty. I really hope they did catch it early, like the others have said. That shit literally liquifies you from the inside out
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA