WTF Blabbermouth?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF Blabbermouth?

ME: Jackson Dinky
    Rig: Peavey XXL

WTF Blabbermouth?

Riddle me this, metalheads. Blabbermouth seems to randomly decide what types of news items it will post, from the most obscure band you've never heard of releasing a demo to Paul Stanley sneezing. In the past, they have posted items that I've submitted regarding my band, such as when we released our last EP or when we got a new drummer. But now they've ignored the past three things I've submitted (signing with label/finishing album, releasing new album and announcing new lineup) while other sites get the stuff posted the same day or next day.

I realize that Blabbermouth is hardly a credible news source these days, but the fact remains that a TON of people visit the sight, and having a song or video posted there is going to get at least a little exposure.

Does not compute. Did I not get some memo stating that news items will only be posted about artists who pay for advertising on the site? I mean, I have run into that on much smaller news sites . . .

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I don't ever go there unless someone here links me there

ME: Frankencaster
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: Chameleon 2000 & 2/90/2

I was shocked to see that Withersoul popped up on Blabbermouth a couple times when I was in that band. I had no idea how it happened

ME: Charvel MetalCaster
    Rig: Line6/Carvin

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I don't ever go there unless someone here links me there
    ^ This

ME: Ibanez RG 1527 RB
    Rig: Line 6 POD X3 Live

"Blabbermouth is hardly a credible news source these days"

As if to suggest it was ever credible

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

BB is definitely odd. They posted MG's Dino Cazares article, but passed on a bunch of the ones I sent them when I ran (They did post the Dino SS article, for example, but not Meshuggah).

I think it all boils down to if the dude who actually reads their submissions likes your genre.

ME: 87 Ibanez RG550
    MA: Wasburn D12 6
    Rig: ADA MP1 / Spider II

They were probably like "Fuck it..we have enough news today" "lol"

I only go there from links from here

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

I read it once a week or so...Yeah, it's a bit odd. Once a week you'll get a "news" story about Portnoy being happy where he's at in life and then you'll get a story about Petrucci being so happy with Mangini and the direction of the band. Yesterday they had a story on how badly Queensryche did with its first week sales of their new album compared to the last one they released. I got a laugh out of that one.
    FUCK THE YANKEES, Cliff Lee, The Phillies, Tom Brady, Drew, snow,, Ebay, Bill Belichick, John Boehner, the iPhone, the gecko from the Geico commercials, shitty drivers, dealing with insurance companies, crazy ex girlfriends, my job at the moment, my shitty mood, new year's resolution's, happy people, the state of Connecticut, my cubicle at work, lower back pain, the Seahawks, anything Queensyche has done the last 15 years, NASA, Tiger Woods, the economy, people who can't drive in the rain, acid reflux, everyone in Dream Theater except John Myung, Metallica, customer service at Verizon, people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store, The Rock, working Saturday's, waiting for Drew's album, The Packers, Robinson Cano, tires with no traction, spam email and the spam you eat, Putin, cavities, Netflix, Godzilla, Taylor Swift, the price of replacement windows on my house, squash... to be continued