Reb Beach = Awesome.

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reb Beach = Awesome.

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Reb Beach = Awesome.

[VIDEO]]YouTube - Reb Beach Guitar Clinic Brampton Ontario April 3, 1992[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]]YouTube - Reb Beach Cuts It Loose[/VIDEO]

And of course...

[VIDEO]]YouTube - Winger - Seventeen (live 2007)[/VIDEO]

ME: '91 UV7PWH+'91 UV7BK
    Rig: Peavey JSX-Peavey 4/12

Oh yeah, i've always loved Reb Beach, even his stuff with Winger. I think he's definitely one of the best. A friend of mine saw him live when he was with Dokken -I heard Don Dokken liked Reb Beach a little more than George Lynch too.

I've always wanted an Ibanez RBM too.

ME: Ibanez M80M
    MA: ukulele
    MB: Ibanez Terra Firma BTB686
    Rig: Custom Built PC

Tru dat! Reb is the man. I was actually listening to Winger's Pull the other night. Make fun of me if you want.

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

I've been a closet Winger fan for years and Reb is awesome. I didn't see him with Dokken but I can see him being able to pull off George with no problems.
    FUCK THE YANKEES, Cliff Lee, The Phillies, Tom Brady, Drew, snow,, Ebay, Bill Belichick, John Boehner, the iPhone, the gecko from the Geico commercials, shitty drivers, dealing with insurance companies, crazy ex girlfriends, my job at the moment, my shitty mood, new year's resolution's, happy people, the state of Connecticut, my cubicle at work, lower back pain, the Seahawks, anything Queensyche has done the last 15 years, NASA, Tiger Woods, the economy, people who can't drive in the rain, acid reflux, everyone in Dream Theater except John Myung, Metallica, customer service at Verizon, people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store, The Rock, working Saturday's, waiting for Drew's album, The Packers, Robinson Cano, tires with no traction, spam email and the spam you eat, Putin, cavities, Netflix, Godzilla, Taylor Swift, the price of replacement windows on my house, squash... to be continued

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

People can bust on Kip Winger all they want, but the band Winger was full of monster players. Try playing "Seventeen" sometime. It is actually pretty fucking hard.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I was lucky enough to see a Reb Beach clinic back in '91 or '92 at a local music store. The dude is a monster player, and a super-nice guy. I was very impressed with his improv abilities over the pre-recorded tracks he had with him, too - people would ask him questions and he'd demonstrate using different modes/scales over the changes on the fly.

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

I've always dug Reb's tone, phrasing and sense of melody. I love the way he seamlessly integrates really fluid tapping into his licks.

All of the solo pieces in Headed for a Heartbreak were just gut-wrenching, but the outro parts starting around 3:15 still give me goosebumps.

And i LOVE his Pensa-Suhr with the Koa body, rosewood neck and pau ferro fretboard. Glad to see his Suhr signature is almost identical, without the stupid mirrored wedge of a pickguard he got hung up on for a while.

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post

The outro solo pieces in Headed for a Heartbreak were just gut-wrenching.

I actually had a chance to see Winger in 89 with Dream Theater opening at a club in New Haven, CT, but I opted to stay home and watch TV. It was about two months later when I discovered how good DT was.