I wrote this on Rig-Talk someone there asked for tips to get more views on youtube. Never really thought to much into it but I did a couple of pointers.
Hope this helps,
My tips(that works!)
1. Name your videos accordingly.
Choose a name that's simple but describes the content, everybody might have noticed my formula:
"Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier - Metal"
I know when I want to check out an amp I want to know how it sounds metal wise so if I search on youtube for say: Orange Rockerverb. I will click on the first video that mentions metal. Maybe someone can start a trend with "Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier - Jazz" or something.
2. Use the description to your advantage, write down EVERYTHING there, signal chains, links, songs. And don't hold out. SHARE EVERY SECRET, people will appreciate your effort, not when you're being a secretive cunt.
3. Start a couple of years back. Meaning you should have started your channel years ago 50% of the guys with a lot of views started their channels around 2006.
4. No bullshitting in the videos. Just try to be as straight to the point as you can. You can always add humor, to spice up a video but don't make your speeches to long if you have any.
5. Try to be consistent with your uploading. Maybe not once a week but try to upload something once a month at least.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF ALL:
6. Don't upload half-assed attempts of whatever you're doing, do not upload clips like:
"oh yeah this is me trying to play eruption but I fucked up on every note"
Compare the videos as a live performance, if you NEED to practice before a show, do the same for your video.
All good points, but I certainly agree that this is the most important: