New Cloudkicker - acoustics!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: New Cloudkicker - acoustics!

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

New Cloudkicker - acoustics!

Has anyone heard the latest stuff? Ben Sharp is a fantastic musician IMO, I love this stuff .

I'd like to write ambient music with this kind of feel (both the light and heavy).

Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

ME: Raven 7 - my design
    MA: self-made dreadnought
    MB: Kubicki EX-Factor
    Rig: 7channels > 2 Axe-FX II's

I absolutely love everything he's released as Cloudkicker up to now, but I haven't caught on to this acoustic stuff yet. I've listened to it all just once and for me it was a little to much towards the ambient direction and too little in the heavy direction.

I suspect that it will grow on me though, I'm just surprised that it didn't give me instant gratification like all his previous stuff has.

I agree that he's a brilliant musician.

ME: KxK Sii-7ex
    MA: Yamaha FGX700SC
    MB: Warwick Corvette 5
    Rig: JCA22

This album is more along the sound of his older solo project, B.M. Sharp. (Which I still can't find the files too -_-) He also put out one of the songs out earlier in this year called, "You and yours", on his blog. But once you get over that it's not his typical heavy style of writing you start to really appreciate what he did write for this album. The weird thing is that the heaviest song on the album, which is "you and yours", feels weird to me compared to the other songs on the album, since after giving the album many listens I got extremely comfortable with the lighter sound.

The biggest thing that made me apperciate both albums, (Let yourself be huge and Loops), is an interview Ben had with but they took down the interview along side with a bunch of other stuff so I can't find it. But basically the album was mainly about his approach with these new albums.
    Last edited by Lopez; 12-30-2011 at 01:15 AM.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

I'm really liking it so far, though the programmed drums are more obvious in this than in his heavier stuff. Would love to hear the drums re-done by a live drummer, as it would really open up at that point.

Also, I'm not sure how or why, but "ambien" is a tag in this thread Which really kind of sends the wrong message.

Bought the CD (as I did with Beacons) and snagged a download of "Loop" as well as it's caught my ear. Wish the large shirts hadn't sold out.

ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

I missed the last two releases - I had no idea he had gone in this direction. I downloaded them both last night though, and on initial impressions, I'm really pleased. I like this kind of stuff a lot to begin with, so I can see why the "omg metuhl is teh only gud musik" crowd would hate on it. For me, though, it's just what I've been wanting to hear for awhile.
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson