Metal Guitarist Forums banner

YT: Darkadian song playthrough (thrash and 7 strings galore!)

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Ironbird666 
#1 ·

My camera is terrible, so this is the best quality I'm afraid, but try to enjoy none the less!

EDIT: Youtube appears to have ruined the audio in my video for some reason, it was fine an hour ago! Anyway, here be the track for those who want to hear it properly

#3 ·
Like it.

Is this supposed to have vocals? Structurally it seems like its been made with at least the possibility in mind.

Otherwise, it seems a little sparse for just instrumental to me for. Pure personal opinion. Or I've just been obsessing about that recently. I'm trying to get some tracks in fit state for pre-production for an EP/Album/Mini-album, but I've been planning on doing instrumental riff-based metal (as opposed to instrumental 5 minute solo based metal) and I can come up with riffs all fucking day, but putting them in interesting song structures kill me :lol:

#4 ·
Like it.

Is this supposed to have vocals? Structurally it seems like its been made with at least the possibility in mind.

Otherwise, it seems a little sparse for just instrumental to me for. Pure personal opinion. Or I've just been obsessing about that recently. I'm trying to get some tracks in fit state for pre-production for an EP/Album/Mini-album, but I've been planning on doing instrumental riff-based metal (as opposed to instrumental 5 minute solo based metal) and I can come up with riffs all fucking day, but putting them in interesting song structures kill me :lol:
I agree. It sounds cool, but also like it would need vocals. If it's going to be an instrumental track, it's going to need a lead guitar line in place of vocals or more riff changes to keep it interesting.

If it has vocals planned, then I think this could be totally kick-ass. Since you, Mattayus, always post very high-quality stuff. :yesway:

#5 ·
Thank you chaps!

Oh yeah this is totally intended for vocals. I should start writing this at the start of any thread involving my band as it gets asked a lot :lol: Yeah we always write with vocals in mind, that's why I try to leave as much space for them as possible. We just haven't found anybody yet :shrug:

#14 ·
I'll echo what everyone else said, very cool tune and your playing is super tight. :yesway:

I really enjoy the 5150+Marshall combo myself, I've been running it for years. It's great and I prefer it over the Mesa cab personally. Others may not agree but the vibe of it fits my playing and tonal preference much much better. I hope you find a vocalist dude, your music deserves to be heard properly. :agreed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.