New Rush

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rush

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

New Rush

I know I've probably said this about the last couple Rush albums but I really am excited about this new album. I have to say I really do like the three songs I've heard thus far. I'm not sure what the rest of the tracks will be like, but I like this direction they've taken. It has a bit of an old school Rush vibe mixed in with a heaviness that's been lacking for a while. I know Drew will love it.

[VIDEO]]Rush - BU2B - YouTube[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]]Rush "Headlong Flight" New Song -Full Version- - YouTube[/VIDEO]
    FUCK THE YANKEES, Cliff Lee, The Phillies, Tom Brady, Drew, snow,, Ebay, Bill Belichick, John Boehner, the iPhone, the gecko from the Geico commercials, shitty drivers, dealing with insurance companies, crazy ex girlfriends, my job at the moment, my shitty mood, new year's resolution's, happy people, the state of Connecticut, my cubicle at work, lower back pain, the Seahawks, anything Queensyche has done the last 15 years, NASA, Tiger Woods, the economy, people who can't drive in the rain, acid reflux, everyone in Dream Theater except John Myung, Metallica, customer service at Verizon, people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store, The Rock, working Saturday's, waiting for Drew's album, The Packers, Robinson Cano, tires with no traction, spam email and the spam you eat, Putin, cavities, Netflix, Godzilla, Taylor Swift, the price of replacement windows on my house, squash... to be continued

ME: Carvin H2T
    Rig: Fryette SIG X

Just ordered it myself. I loved Snakes and Arrows. I think they've found a really good foil in Nick Raskulinecz, who has worked with a very varied roster of artists. I think that keeps him open to whatever the fuck Rush might want to do, and the experience to craft a variety of sounds appropriate to the songs.

ME: DC727/RG7621
    MB: SR505
    Rig: HD500

Wow, I'm really liking the songs you linked. This is great

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I'm such a complete fanboy, that the only Rush album I've ever found to be weak was Roll The Bones. The production on Vapour Trails kind of blew, but the songs were good.

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

Those both sound really good.
    The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

Another new one I really like.

[VIDEO]]Rush-"Clockwork Angels"-2012 HQ - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

That first track is fucking awesome.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

Just picked the record up and I'm about halfway through. Rush are still awesome even after all these years
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson