Free metal anyone?

   Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

Thread: Free metal anyone?

  1. #1

    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
    ME: Charvel SoCal Custom
    MB: Spector NS2000Q4
    Rig: Dual Rectifier (Reborn)

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    Free metal anyone?

    A friend and client of mine called Jake Green, under the moniker "It Creeps and It Crawls", has put his solo stuff up for free download.

    Ridiculously angry, morbid, and downright heavy metal.

    He programmed drums and recorded about 95% of it at home, and the other 5% at mine. I mixed and mastered.

    It's quite... mental. I fucking love it, it's like Devin Townsend meets Mastodon.

    This is probably my favourite track if you wanna give it a spin to see what it's like:
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

  2. #2

    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Raleigh, NC
    ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

    iTrader: 7 (100%)

    It's got a very modern Machine Head vibe to it so far. It's really cool!
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson

  3. #3

    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: No Boat Back
    ME: Strypoverse
    MA: Ovation Electric
    Rig: Axe-FX II

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Really catchy

  4. #4

    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Herndon, VA
    ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Not a fan of that type of vocals, but the rest is great. The recording quality is good, too.

  5. #5

    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Boston, MA
    ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    Fucking awesome production job man.

  6. #6

    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Denmark
    ME: RR1 and Jaden Rose
    Rig: Marshall JCM 2000/JCM 900

    iTrader: 0

    You had me at "Devin Townsend meets Mastodon" <3

  7. #7

    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Stockholm

    iTrader: 0

    Free metal?! What's the catch?

  8. #8

    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Stockholm

    iTrader: 0

    I clicked and enjoyed!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
  2. March Is Metal Month (free mp3 downloads inside)
    By BDIB21 in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
  3. Free album (progressive metal, fusion)
    By gru in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
  4. Free Reign, Dallas Cowboys metal group
    By zerodc in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 07:57 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge