it is: learn to sweep so clean that
naked tits fly out of my guitar,
record it, bounce to MP3 and zap
to xperia. :shred:

gonna take a hundreds of hours,
best i get crack-a-lackin' asap.

#7 ·
Harmonized sweeps and having fun

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped by my friend James Ryan's house for a bit of a jam. No warm up, just, "play this, and I'll do a harmony." Down the track (when time permits) I'm putting together a cock rock/metal tribute band called Cokken together with James. We'll work on some harmony solo thing somewhere in the set.

#21 · (Edited)
Sexy! Doug, when you get to your E string do you hammer on and pull off or make an upstroke where one *could* pull off? It looks like you guys both use seperate techniques. Also I'd love to do the sweep-tap-sweep trick :drool:

My right hand also disagrees with sweeping properly :(

#24 ·
That was great! I put in the hours but with alternate picking now it seems its hard to make my right hand NOT try to pick each one....any secrets besides time love and tenderness? Im not terrible at it but there is that last hurdle I cant get over.

Simple tip for others: while sweeping up or down it will be a odd number of notes to continue in any one direction, and any turn arounds will be even number of notes. Not all sweeps are one note per string when you get into it.:yesway:

#30 ·
Not all sweeps are one note per string when you get into it.:yesway:
I HATE the barred ones. In Alarum we do a song called For new Creation. All the sweeps are fine except two; one of them is standard F# minor starting at the 14th fret, and pretty much playing it as you would the chord at 2nd fret. Hate it.

Another clip just added

#31 ·
I'v been working on that a minor sweep for a couple days hard core and i'm now playing it as fast as you do in the video and more importantly, cleanly. And it feels like a major acomplishment to my sweep pick hating ass:lol: I just learned to alternate pick like a mother fucker year ago and was able to get by with, but just said fuck it and decided to get it down. Your videos are helping quite a bit dude. Donka

Of course my wife hates me and the a minor sweep now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.