New Black Country Communion album - "Afterglow"

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: New Black Country Communion album - "Afterglow"

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

New Black Country Communion album - "Afterglow"

Hadn't seen anything here about this yet. The new Black Country Communion album Afterglow dropped this week. It's probably the weakest of the three BCC albums, but it's also a grower. If you pick it up, give it at least 3 or 4 listens before you judge it. Some of the tracks are really starting to become favorites of mine.

My impressions so far: you can tell that Joe Bonamassa wasn't as involved this time around (his schedule got in the way). His playing isn't as over-the-top as on BCC II, and they apparently didn't have enough time to dial in as fantastic lead tone for him as before. Merely a very good tone. In some ways this is a good thing. Joe still plays great, but this album sounds like more of a band effort, and not merely the "Glenn and Joe Show." Derek Sherinian, in particular, gets more space to play, both leads and support.

The writing credits are a little more evenly distributed this time around, since much of the music was written on the BCC tour--Glenn Hughes wrote all the lyrics later. In terms of writing, the first two albums were basically Glenn Hughes albums with a couple Bonamassa songs thrown in for good measure. Glenn's still the majority writer here, but there are also a few songs that don't sound like something he'd do on a solo album.

There isn't much YouTube for this album yet--here's the one song I could find. It's not the best one on the album.

[VIDEO]]Black Country Communion - The Confessor - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Jackson Sl2H
    Rig: Engl/Marshall rack

I must check this out. I liked the last album, they are a much better supergroup than some of the other efforts lately like Chickenfoot. They have some good songs and great musicianship to boot.
    My band Shardborne - Prog metal Free E.P Download here

I dig it. Love it from the first listen. I'm not really a fan of Glenn Hughes but so I get annoyed by him lol. Massive bonamassa fan boy but

ME: Ibanez RG1527
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Mesa Boogie Mark V

Just bought it, sounds pretty good so far.
    -Jason Burns aka Project K2R4

Find Me.

My Tips, Tricks and Tutorials -
    My Music -
    What is Project K2R4 -

I'm giving away a ton of gear between now and NAMM, all you have to do is subscribe to my YouTube Channel to win!

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

I'm really digging this one. Probably more than the others.