Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Ghost Forced To Rename Themselves "Ghost BC" For "Legal Reasons"

5K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
What a crock - "Ghost BC" :scratch::
Mysterious Swedish buzz band GHOST has been forced to modify its name in the U.S. to GHOST B.C. for "legal reasons."

In the year of 13, the second phase of GHOST B.C. begins with the release of the sophomore psalm, "Infestissumam", on April 9 via Loma Vista Recordings. Papa Emeritus II succeeded Papa Emeritus at the conclusion of phase one in the year of 12, and the Nameless Ghouls joined him under the unholy church's current moniker. Make no mistake, though. The rituals still demand the same reverence and praise, fortified through a delivery of sweetly satanic melodies, snaking distorted riffs, and vaudevillian keyboards.
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GHOST Forced To Modify Name For 'Legal' Reasons

#13 ·
I hadn't checked these guys out before, despite hearing people either loving or hating them. I checked out some live videos, and I dig it :yesway: But then, I usually am into really theatrical bands with pretentious mystery surrounding them :lol:

Here's an idea, don't name your band a shitty fucking na.....*looks at most of the other band names mentioned on this site*

....ok, it's not that bad of a name. :lol:
In related news, the band 3 are considering changing their name, after 20 years :lol: The internet wins again.

#17 ·
I used to really like BOC. They were pretty awesome live.

Never heard of Ghost - after the replies to this thread I'm not sure if I want to bother :p
I have yet to meet someone who's simply meh or lukewarm on Ghost. For some reason people either think they're awesome or total shit.

I really dug their first album and thought the songs were fun and catchy hard rock/retro metal. Obviously not everyone agrees :rofl:

#24 ·
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GHOST Forced To Modify Name to "CRAP" - well just because.

FTFY

Seriously though - I find their music underwhelming. I see the costumes and the stage and all the pomp and circumstance and my brain just expects to hear something heavier.

#26 ·
:zombie:

I dig Ghost, I think they're a breath of fresh air. There are plenty of ultra heavy satanic bands (See: Black Metal :lol: ) but they're an oddity in their music is somewhat accessible, while being still being kvlt. If you didn't know beforehand that they were a satanic band you probably wouldn't think anything "evil" was going on in the songs really....which makes them pretty damn evil. :lol:

#33 ·
I like Ghost for what they are. They are also a great gateway band for people that don't like dark or heavy music, their melodies are so infectious they pull you in. I also suspect that the whole "secret identity" shtick is a a coverup for the fact that Ghost is either a side project or a quasi-supergroup made from accomplished musicians in the heavy music realm who wanted to do something purely for fun and not detract from their other bands or musical reputations.

#36 ·
Tobias Forge is the vocalist. I suspect the musicians were in Magna Carta Cartel and Subvision. Subvision is like Ghost without the Satan stuff, and a quite a bit less ominous, more pop... Actually they're pretty decent for what they are.

Magna Carta Cartel is progressive rock, really good stuff, and free to download.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.