Dave Lombardo kinda fired from Slayer

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Lombardo kinda fired from Slayer

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Dave Lombardo kinda fired from Slayer

Dave Lombardo Fired From Slayer?! [Updated: Statement Inside] | News | Metal Hammer

Shocking news has broken this morning that Slayer have replaced Dave Lombardo for their Australian tour!

A statement from Dave himself reads as follows:

“I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums.

“So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I’m saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

“Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer’s tour income was being deducted as expenses, including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band’s business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my bandmates know, and Tom [Araya, bass/vocals] and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary backup documents.

“I spent the Christmas and New Year holidays realizing I had toured all over the world in 2012, but yet had not been paid (except a small advance) or provided a proper accounting for a full year’s sweat and blood. On top of this, I was told that I would not be paid until I signed a longform contract which gave me no written assurance of how much or on what basis management would deduct commissions, nor did it provide me access to the financial budgets or records for review. It also forbade me to do interviews or make statements having to do with the band, in effect a gagging order.

“Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry [King, guitar] and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best . . . play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 p.m. as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 p.m. I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.

“I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the three of us original Slayer members. I look forward to seeing you in the future.”

No word as of yet on whether Dave is expected to rejoin his bandmates beyond the Australian tour, but we’ll update you on this story the second we hear anything.

ME: PRS Custom 24
    Rig: Kemper►KRK's

That sucks big time. Not that Slayer has done anything that interests me in years and years, but even so. Slayer without Dave isn't Slayer.

I've always hated Kerry King too.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Buttery Biscuit
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

Wow... That's shitty...

ME: M8M!!!!!!
    MA: nope
    MB: :(
    Rig: 11rack :barf:

what the fuck?!? i don't know any of the slayer guys personally, but for whatever reason i always thought kerry would side with dave (or any of the guys) in a situation like this. guess you really don't know people man. his statement makes it look like kerry is siding with the record label weasels. then again, dave is also the one being pseudo-canned.

i'm definitely interested in what the others have to say. so far this wreaks of total bullshit to me.
    ". . . . . . . ."

Something smells fishy.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: VHT Pittbull + Axe FX II

it seems odd that Tom would join him in hiring auditors and then Kerry would be totally against it.

either way - most interesting musician in slayer is no longer in slayer

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Typical Slayer. He already left once because Kerry is a dickbag.

Oh, well, back to them sounding like Machinehead.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.