Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonamassa leaves Black Country Communion

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Bonamassa leaves Black Country Communion

Interview: Joe Bonamassa - Restless Pick Syndrome - Premier Guitar

Whatís the current status of Black Country Communion?
    As far as Iím concerned, my involvement is pretty much done, and Iíll tell you why: Originally, I did it for the same reasons I did the stuff with Beth Hart and Rock Candy Funk Partyóit was an excuse to play a different kind of music that I donít get to play normally.

The first two records were a blastóthe band is fantastic when the Ritalin kicks in, the ADD goes away, and everyoneís focused. Itís a devastatingly good rock band of the early-1970s type, and Glenn is a fantastic singerójust one of the best ever. So I did it and did a nine-week tour in 2011 that really, by the end of it, wasnít fun for me. It wasnít because I didnít like the cats in the band, but it was just too muchótoo much involved in getting people from place to place and getting the band onstage. Everybody seemed to be very tense, and it made my crew very tense, and itís not the way I like to tour. I run a familyóI have 21 people who go on the road with me all the time, and if you asked them who was the cause of the least of their problems, they would say me. Unless there was no Diet Cokeóthen itís a huge [expletive] problem, and either Iím going to the supermarket or somebody else is [laughs].

But it just wasnít fun for me anymore. All the stuff that Glenn says in the media, essentially pinning it on meóthat I was the reason for the bandís lack of touring and the bandís lack of future. It became rapidly not fun at all. It would be dishonest of me to get onstage and pretend like Iím having fun to please the band. Iím just not the guitar player for that band, but unfortunately there doesnít seem to be any out-of-work guitar players in L.A. that they can get. There are so many guys that can fill that role and I would be the first guy to queue up and buy a ticket. So thatís my story with it. Iím happily not involved anymore, but Iím happy with the legacy that I left with that band and happy with the records we made. It was a great three years for me.

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

I totally understand but that was one of my favorite line-ups ever. Such a killer band.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Wirelessly posted ()

Dang. I hope they get someone really cool, but different, and keep going.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Maybe John Sykes would join? That would be sick!
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

Good for him. Coincidentally, I'm watching his acoustic special on PBS right now.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by DonBot View Post

I totally understand but that was one of my favorite line-ups ever. Such a killer band.
    This. Plenty of people have talked about what a pain Glenn Hughes is to work with. The other two are just as pro as they come.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Jaden Rose/Baja Tele
    MA: Freshman FA-400D
    Rig: Cornford Roadhouse

I found the first two BCC albums pretty boring - there's a few cool tunes on them, but I'm not really a fan. I find Joe Bonamassa pretty boring nowadays as well, so maybe a new guitar player in this band could solve that problem, for me at least.

Wirelessly posted

Maybe I've just listened to him too much. But I actually prefer listening to joe 'noodling' on gear demos to his actual albums nowadays.
    Last edited by Joel; 03-16-2013 at 05:59 PM.