Have you seen Wintersun live?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Have you seen Wintersun live?

Have you seen Wintersun live?

They're coming to a venue near me soon with Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis & Starkill.

I haven't heard of those other bands. Are they good?

ME: Sherman 8 String
    MB: Dingwall ABI 6 String
    Rig: Axe-FX Ultra

.... Just.... Just listen to them and see if you like what you hear?

Personally, I don't know Starkill's music, but the other three are all tops in my books. I'd definitely go to this show if it wasn't being absorbed into a much larger festival here.

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

I've never seen Arsis live but I've heard good things and I dig their older material. They're pretty much straight-up technical death metal with a bit of melodic death metal influence.

Fleshgod is awesome but again, I've never seen them live. I'm not too familiar with their older stuff, but their last album was fast, heavy-as-fuck death metal with over the top orchestra bits going on at all times. It's loud and bombastic and ridiculous and awesome.

I've seen Wintersun and they will melt your fucking face. Seriously, they put on an incredible show and it's worth going just to see them. The Time Part I songs sound even better live than they do on record, and supposedly they're going to be playing stuff from Time Part II on this tour.

ME: Ibanez x 3
    MB: Dean
    Rig: Peavey

Starkill is Massakren but they changed their name, I'd describe them as blackened symphonic death metal. All good bands, going to their show on my 18th birthday.
    [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJqMFL4PPk]Massakren - "Threshold" Massakren Music - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Yeah, Starkill decided they would be better with a cliched 80s retro denim vest aesthetic/name over corpsepaint.

ME: Ibanez JBM100

If you like either band, you should go to that show.

I've seen Fleshgod 4 times live and every time they blow the roof off. They're insanely tight live and just flat out amazing.

Wintersun - I saw them about half a year ago - incredibly tight performance and an awesome show.

That tour is heading to toronto and I've already got my tix.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

I have not seen them live, but every show on YouTube I have seen. They have all been Epic from what it seems!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiaJjqaFZE]Wintersun - Time (Live @ Sonic Pump Studios) - YouTube[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p9PsVD9Ho]Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars - Live rehearsal @ Sonic Pump Studios 1080p - YouTube[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcuk37HH0t0]Pearl Artist Kai Hahto/Wintersun - Winter Madness FOH Cam @ Nosturi, Helsinki 13.10.2012 - YouTube[/VIDEO]
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe