Anthony Mazzella(tapping kinda acousticy kinda guy)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Anthony Mazzella(tapping kinda acousticy kinda guy)

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

Anthony Mazzella(tapping kinda acousticy kinda guy)

[VIDEO]]YouTube - Anthony Mazzella[/VIDEO]

the tim donohue thread distressed_romeo posted made me think of this guy, i had the pleasure of seeing him from about 5 feet away when i was at roberto-venn, as he's good friends with the owner of the school, and they have a trio thing they do as well. sorry for the low quality vid, theres not a whole lot of this guy out there unfortunately... the 10 string he plays near the middle of the vid he actually built with his dad.

[VIDEO]]YouTube - the Vega Experience[/VIDEO]

this one starts off pretty cool, but goes into led zeppelin, which might be cool to some

a little snippet from his bio, found here

Mazzella began studying music on the violin at age five. He then proceeded to learn the rudiments of music on piano until falling in love with the guitar at age thirteen. Throughout his adolescence he studied with several private guitar teachers, but Anthony attributes the greater part of his education to ear training. His influences are many, but none more profound than the music and techniques of guitar masters such as Pat Metheny, Eddie Van Halen, Michael Hedges, Andres Segovia and countless others. In the nineties Anthony shared his musical insights by teaching as a private instructor all over New York City and at Knopf Music shop on Long Island where he took guitar lessons as a teenager. Later he taught guitar and piano at the Long Island School for Music and Arts and then went on to teach master-class at universities across America. Anthony was also one of the few chosen understudies of world-renowned guitar master Stanley Jordan. Anthony continues his studies by exploring the music from cultures all over the world and collaborating with musicians indigenous to those regions.
    got to study under Stanley Jordan, that is pretty damned awesome.
    Last edited by Elysian; 01-10-2009 at 05:46 PM.

ME: Les Paul Standard
    MA: Yamaha 6er/Tacoma 12
    MB: Peavey
    Rig: Blackstar Stage 60

DR is about to commence some serious practice...
    "The greatest power one may possess -- in any situation -- is simply not to care what happens.

"In fact, it's the only power, all others being a semblance and mockery of it. But you must also not care about possessing the power itself. So fuck it."

Thomas Ligotti

ME: '91 UV7PWH+'91 UV7BK
    Rig: Peavey JSX-Peavey 4/12

Impressive. This guy is good. Cool how he was playing U2 too.