Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Guitar Center Video: James Hetfield

4K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  Joshua 
#1 ·
A very, very cool interview of James Hetfield and he is playing some Massive riffs! :flex:

#4 ·
Hetfield is a great interview personality. He always comes across as very articulate and down-to-earth.

#8 ·
It's funny how I can still be so easily impressed by the guy who was once something like my hero in teenage years. He is just sitting there, jamming some riffs, talking about stuff we've already heard often enough....and I enjoy it, very much.

#13 ·
3:13 Made me :lol: am I a bad person? That Creeping Death riff is pretty damn good though. :hbang:

Metallica's Kirk Hammett At Guitar Center - YouTube
He's become an exceedingly weird person, I absolutely do not get what's going on with him. Any interview with him in the last few years has just been so awkward and clumsy. He stutters like fuck, has weird mannerisms, can't play guitar for shit... He's not the same guy.

#19 ·
Man, he still has that right hand. The reason I sat in my bedroom and just downpicked and galloped for hours on end. :metal:

'69 SG for $200... :eek:

#24 ·
:agreed:

Dude has always had some of the more interesting and melodic solos in the Metallica catalogue, and is a hell of a songwriter when he wants to be.

#23 ·
"but not something that's going give you ear fatigue after leaving the concert"

Oh, you mean like after a Metallica concert because it's the most unbearably loud grindy experience of all time?

Gojira plays: Hmm, this is about the perfect volume for a concert. I'm glad I have ear plugs
Lamb of God plays next: You know, this is really a bit too loud. How is this enjoyable? I'm really glad I have ear plugs.
Metallica finally plays: Hmm, what is this odd slurry running down my neck? Oh, it's a mixture of Hearo foam, blood, and brain tissue.

#30 ·
After going from the Kirk one to this, it's really eye-opening. James has still definitely got his chops although the tone wasn't my thing. The way he articulated on what he wanted from his tone was far above what I expected it to be since I've seen a good chunk of people seem to fumble for words to grasp what they actually wanted from their own :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.